Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 39  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1239 »
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: October 25th, 2020, 6:50 pm
FD river/canal boat challenge

[Profile] [Quote]
Corp
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: October 25th, 2020, 7:36 pm
erik_t wrote: *
Broadly speaking: nontraditional hullform challenge.

I've personally been mulling over a modern SWATH FFG, but I'd be equally interested to see regular catamarans, trimarans, surface effect ships, and whatever else.

It would be hard to do this justice without at least a top view and possibly a bow or stern view. Not sure how folks would feel about encouraging or even requiring one.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT EDIT: not before, like, February please :) I just bought a house and I have a lot to do.
Sorta jumping off this one, Cold War Experimental ship challenge. Design a ship for the purpose of demonstrating new naval technology being developed during the cold war era.

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: October 31st, 2020, 11:00 am
Some suggestions

SB-scale
- Dreadnought armoured cruiser ca 1910 - more balanced than a battlecruiser
- non treaty cruiser for colonial work in th 1920s
- non treaty heavy cruiser ca 1940
- 1970s ASW corvette (a Parchim for the west)
- NATO large surface combantant ca 1980 to challenge Kirov/ Slava
- UK post Falkland replacement of HMS Tiger/ Blake
- 1980s SSG submarine

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
maxwell john
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: November 1st, 2020, 3:24 pm
I do like the idea of a NATO large surface combatant
So i'll second that one :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: November 1st, 2020, 7:06 pm
Didn't we just have a "large surface combatant" challenge?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: November 1st, 2020, 7:33 pm
Given the success of the last "real life" challenge and the length of time it's been since the last one, perhaps another such challenge would be a good idea? I can think of lots of fantastic artists who have made an impact on the personal design/alternative universe sections of the forum, but who have had little involvement in the arena of real designs - perhaps another foray into the real world would provide a valuable learning exercise for this forum's veteran members, new members, and infrequent contributors alike (myself included).

[Profile] [Quote]
The_Sprinklez
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: November 2nd, 2020, 5:03 pm
Removed

Im Schatten des Adlers - An Alternate History Timeline: http://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php/Ca ... des_Adlers

Last edited by The_Sprinklez on February 24th, 2021, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
maxwell john
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: November 2nd, 2020, 8:58 pm
Ah how about something like a modern light ship contest
ie. gunboats, monitors, and sub-chasers

[Profile] [Quote]
Kattsun
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: November 7th, 2020, 2:14 am
orbital space fighter (1960s-1990s) fd scale
light class mid-range low cost sedan/coupe for japanese auto market model years 1990-1995 (bubble era) franscale or spergscale

The Chinese people are not to be cowed by U.S. atomic blackmail. Our country has a population of 600 million and an area of 9.6 [million sq. km]. The United States cannot annihilate the Chinese nation with its small stack of atom bombs. Even if the U.S. atom bombs were so powerful that, when dropped on China, they would make a hole right through the earth, or even blow it up, that would hardly mean anything to the universe as a whole, though it might be a major event for the solar system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kangaeru Kitsune
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: November 7th, 2020, 2:24 am
What about a “Component-specific Challenge”?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 39  [ 382 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1239 »

Jump to: