Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EditionPosted: October 14th, 2014, 3:51 am
This collection is an ADDITION to the existing folders (An update to My "Distributed Shipbucket" Will be forthcoming). The folder/file structure here is directly copied from the existing structure currently online. Because of new files replacing old ones, the following is a list of files that must be DELETED as some have replacements with different names. All of these files have been COPIED into the MUSEUM folder that is included.

There are not less than THREE files that will generate "Do you wish to replace the existing file with the new one" messages. Select YES for all instances.
Real
	Australia
		HMVS Lonsdale
		PT Gordon
		SS Fawkner
		SS Batman
	United States
		DD-963 Spruance 1975.png
		DD-963 Spruance 1980.png
		FFG-7 Oliver Hazard Perry 1977
		FFG-7 Oliver Hazard Perry 1994
	Netherlands		
		LPD L800 ROTTERDAM
		FF F802 Van Speijk 2.png
		SAR KNRM JOHANNES FREDERIK.png
		HLV Dockwise Vanguard.png
		SAR Type SAR 1500.png
		FFG F803 Tromp.png
	Poland
		MON Warszawa 1.png
		MON Warszawa 2.png
	Germany
		CL Koenigsberg 1907.png
		CL Koenigsberg 1914.png
		CL Nuernberg 1912.png
		CL Stettin 1907.png
		CL Stuttgart 1912.png
		AV Stuttgart 1918.png
	Great Britain	
		ALL INVINCIBLE CLASS CVS
		MV St Helen 2006.png
	Japan	
		DD Akizuki 1942.png
		BB FUSO 1944.png
		BB Fuso.png
		CV Taiho 1.gif
		CV Taiho 2.gif
		AX Tosa.png
		CV Hiryu 1942.png
		CV Junyo 1945.png
		CV Shokaku.gif
	Norway	
		FFG Fridtjof Nansen.png
Never Built
	Netherlands
		FFG F805 LCF 2000.png
	United States
		FFG Combined Patrol Corvette TSSE 1995 USCG.png
		FFG Combined Patrol Corvette TSSE 1995 USN.png
		DG AEGIS FY74 1979.png
		BB-67 Montana 1942.png
		BB-67 Montana 1945.png
		BB-67 Montana 1945 Measure2.png
		BB-67 Montana 1948.png
Parts
	US Navy Weapons Parts 11.png
	US Navy Radar Parts 4.png
	Royal Navy Electronics Parts.png
	Royal Navy Weapons Parts.png
	Netherlands Parts 3.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/829 ... 014-10.zip
Enjoy

-Timothy Cizadlo
Edit: Freaking Title typo

Last edited by TimothyC on October 28th, 2014, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 24th, 2014, 6:26 pm
In the Real-life/Poland folder there's a CL Stettin 1916 file which should be in German folder.
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201916.png

Also files "MON Warszawa 1.png" and "MON Warszawa 2.png" were due to be replaced (moved to museum).

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 24th, 2014, 6:42 pm
Those three drawings are mine, but old and wrong (and moreover, superseeded by better revisions), so deletion might not be a waste:
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 20Tosa.png
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... asure2.png
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201945.png
Sorry for bothering, and thanks ina dvance.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EditionPosted: October 24th, 2014, 9:06 pm
eswube wrote:
In the Real-life/Poland folder there's a CL Stettin 1916 file which should be in German folder.
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201916.png
Ok, that one was a mistake on my part. I dropped it in the wrong folder. Oops.
eswube wrote:
Also files "MON Warszawa 1.png" and "MON Warszawa 2.png" were due to be replaced (moved to museum).
Yep. They are there:
http://shipbucket.com/museum/Poland/
BB1987 wrote:
Those three drawings are mine, but old and wrong (and moreover, superseeded by better revisions), so deletion might not be a waste:
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 20Tosa.png
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... asure2.png
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201945.png
Sorry for bothering, and thanks ina dvance.
The deletion of those was included in the directions. Would someone read what I had in the first post and tell me if it isn't clear? I thought it was clear. I even included the list of files to delete as a text file in the zip that I uploaded for him to download. Please someone, if I made a mistake tell me where I went wrong.

Last edited by TimothyC on October 28th, 2014, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 24th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Yes, none of the files to be moved to museum (on first glance, that is) seem to have been moved. No offense golly, but I think you forgot that step?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 25th, 2014, 2:06 am
I think the solution at this point would be to dig in and move the remaining old files by hand (I think a few of the old files were overwritten by the new ones).

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 25th, 2014, 7:28 am
Files in the museum are not "lost" they are just not showing at this point. Anyways, the point is to get the new drawings into the folders, rather than spend ernomus time to move the older ones out from there. Once we get these ones finaly in, we can start think where me and colo get time to do such cleanup and wheter its relevant any longer

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 25th, 2014, 8:07 am
Hate to point this out but this found its way into the Australia RL folder http://www.shipbucket.com/Real%20Design ... 201899.png when it should be in the RL USA

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 25th, 2014, 4:00 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Files in the museum are not "lost" they are just not showing at this point. Anyways, the point is to get the new drawings into the folders, rather than spend ernomus time to move the older ones out from there. Once we get these ones finaly in, we can start think where me and colo get time to do such cleanup and wheter its relevant any longer
was the museum folder not meant to keep old files from disappearing? because right now a few have disappeared because they were replaced by new drawings of the same name.
also, having seen the 'upload' given to you, I personally think it would have been a lot easier to remove the files which were perfectly listed, then to now go over the entire bucket somewhere in the future and move the files that are outdated (the list now no longer being usable, as part of the files were just replaced)

in addition, may I be surprised by the lack of time by you and colo for an IMO quite important task when "you are perfectly capable of handling all the 'staff issues' by yourself" which was said some time ago? I mean I was one of the people working on getting the main site cleaned up of old drawings, wrong filenames and just cleaning the archive up, and now I hear somewhere in the future somebody is gonna have to do all that work again because some housekeeping is not done? even when the hard part of it is actually done for you? I might be wrong, but that does not make sense to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Upload Session 13 "Can't Count" EdditionPosted: October 25th, 2014, 8:19 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Antti,
First of all, no one is saying the museum files have been lost. Almost all of the files that I had marked to be deleted were included in the museum folder that was in the Zip file, and those that were not were replaced with new files that were very close to the originals (minor parts changes, fixing credit lines, ect). Second, an Enormous amount of time would not have been needed as you were provided with a list of files to delete both in this very thread and in the zip file. Third, Now, seeing as these files are now in the museum, nothing would be lost by a careful examination and deletion of non-updated files (deleting everything now would induce errors if not done carefully).

The solutions going forward that I can see are:
  1. I can make you a list of files to delete.
  2. I hand over a full copy of all of the drawing files with all of the corrections made, and you upload that.
  3. Temporary (say, twelve hours) FTP access is granted to me to fix the files. I'm in and out, and when I'm done you and colo change the FTP password again.
  4. Nothing happens.
If you choose not to do anything, all the people who volunteered time to organize the site will have seen it be for nothing, which certainly makes me less willing to want to volunteer to do it again, and of course the complexity of the task of fixing it will only increase with each upload session, but it's your decision.

-Timothy Cizadlo

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to β€œGeneral Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: