Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Naval Historian
Post subject: Publication RequestPosted: March 22nd, 2024, 6:37 am
Dear SB Forum,

I am a young historian from Germany who has recently finished his PhD with a study on the evolution of the German Naval Program during WW1. For many years, this forum and its marvelous scale models have given me endless inspiration. My work is going to be published soon and I would like to include some drawings from Shipbucket in my illustrations section, namely of the types Baden, Mackensen, L20ea and GK5041, created by Tempest. I would not use the original drawings but shadow silhouettes which I would paint black. The purpose is to get a size comparison of these vessels to illustrate the development of German ship types during the war.

I just wanted to ask if this would be okay and whether you want a compensation for it. I may also send a free volume of my book (which is in German) as soon as it is in print. Of course I will give full credit to Tempest and the Shipbucket forum in general. If you are okay with this, I can also post the illustration here before it goes to the publisher.

My work is non-profit and purely academic. This 500 page volume will for the first time give an in-depth insight into German naval planning during WW1 and will cover the evolution of the Navy Law and of German naval strategy. Things that were eventually thwarted by the Versailles Treaty, but then returned to in preparation for WW2. It took me many years and assessing thousands of documents in German archives to complete this volume. I can also contribute here if any of you should have further questions on German warships during the WW1 era.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Publication RequestPosted: March 28th, 2024, 8:52 pm
I'd be happy with that. It would be fantastic to have my drawings used in a scholarly work and to have a copy of the book with outlines in be cool.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Naval Historian
Post subject: Re: Publication RequestPosted: March 29th, 2024, 12:50 pm
Dear Tempest,
Many thanks for your kind permission. Please PM me your address so I can send you a copy as soon as the book will be in print. Also let me know if you want the pictures to be referenced with your SB alias or your real name.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: