Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 26th, 2011, 7:47 pm
What do I do if I need a template taller than 505 px (which is the current maximum height)?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 27th, 2011, 11:54 am
I will join WhyMe. I'm going to draw US Fast Combat Support Ship (USS Sacramento is 1590 pixel long) with underwater hulls and I need a XXL template in size 4 which apparently doesn't exist. What shall I do?
[EDIT] I withdraw my question. Sacramento has just enough place in the hights in template XXL2 and I presume the same goes for USNS Supply so i haven't the same problem as WhyMe. Though of course it's still a problem if the ship is over 550 pix above waterline (Sacramento is 370 pix include underwater hull) ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 27th, 2011, 8:37 pm
I assume Golly will get the larger templates created in time. In the meantime, draw on whatever blank background you like and put it in the proper template before uploading.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 28th, 2011, 9:32 am
if the template range gets over in terms of heigth, then I suggest the artist to try invidually to change the heigth of the template to something more suitable for the ship.
As such cases would be rare and case-spesific focused on speciall vessels only, its rather hard to just pick up a random size from my sleeve that would suite in those purposes.

Also, nothing prevents you to use template sizes of allready drawn and archived ships from past, as long as you copy paste the address logo to the same place in the template from the new ones.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: June 14th, 2011, 10:44 am
double post

Last edited by ALVAMA on June 14th, 2011, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: June 14th, 2011, 10:44 am
btw guys, my ships never fits in the templates :P :P

[Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: June 19th, 2011, 6:47 pm
I'll use these new templates for my Anghellis class AU.

Btw, for the "badges": does that basically mean a logo or seal the ship carries on its bow?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: June 20th, 2011, 12:38 am
Andorianus wrote:
I'll use these new templates for my Anghellis class AU.

Btw, for the "badges": does that basically mean a logo or seal the ship carries on its bow?
Look in the part sheets discussion forum. There is a thread "CoA for naval vessels" where there are over 80 examples in different countries crest's/badges. That will give you the explanation :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: June 20th, 2011, 8:23 am
badges and crests are not required as a default. There is just place for them in the templates if someone wants to drawn the badge and place it on the sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: February 11th, 2012, 4:38 pm
I hate to bring up this thread, but I had a thought and I was wondering what the rest of you thought of it. I know you've been using these templates for almost a year, and you've had the site for far longer, so you know what you're doing. I just thought I'd give you my 2 cents on the templates. They seem very restricting, to point where they don't even make sense. I understand the need for uniformity, but half the time the scales seemed all but useless.

[ img ]
TestTemplate by ~~@ Lord Malachi @~~ The Awesome Coon of Awesome, on Flickr

With this you'll still have the same height uniformity, oddly tall ships would still need to modify it for height, but I've noticed a ton of ships that don't actually fit the length because it was too restrictive. The proposed template will still have uniformity, but also provide a little more flexibility to the users. It also eliminates the need for multiple templates. A second, waterline only, version can easily be made, but I figured if you had no interest I wouldn't bother.
All I ask is that you think about it, and I'd love to hear your opinions.

I kind of feel like a twit for being here less than a week and proposing something like this, and I apologize if I offend anyone by doing so.

Edit: The Ship Badge location could even be shifted up to match the distance from the top with the Title area. (14px from the top) And by moving the Title information all the way to the left, it keeps that important info as something that will be seen first, instead of having scroll all the way to the end to find it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: