Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Revisiting the style rulesPosted: February 17th, 2015, 7:27 pm
SB style/scale was invented for Cold War vessels. It's actually not suited well for WWII era ships because small AA guns lose most of their detail at this scale.

A ship drawn in 2x SB scale is no longer an SB scale ship, and so doesn't fit within the style rules being established here. If you want to draw larger stuff, that's great, but it shouldn't factor into our style discussion here.

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Revisiting the style rulesPosted: February 17th, 2015, 8:13 pm
@JackyTar: I played a bit with 2x SB for sailing ships briefly. It's still to small for anything less than 60' or so.

FD works ok though a larger scale would be better yet. I came to the conclusion that Ship Bucket overall might get spread a little thin with yet another scale. The large picture benefit may be a little weak. Try FD, it's established within the context of Ship Bucket ( and with pixel art) one can do a lot. If high resolution vector based art is your thing (part of my world), it works. Seach for my FD USS Wasp or some of ALVAMA's work for examples.

One of these days it will be worth creating a set of Drawing Rules for FD Scale. What I see would be based heavily on the revised SB Rules, with some minor twists. It would be critical to keep the feel and look, but allow for the greater freedom inherant in a larger scale.

Hope this helps.
CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 72 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: