Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 5:32 am
Due public demand, Lets introduce this old lighhearted and friendly competition of what is the best drawing of the month. However with the twist that this time its more of Drawing of the session so to speak as this time we select the best drawing of the 10th uploading session.

So rules are simple. Nominate a drawing in this thread (note: post the drawing in this thread) from the 10th uploading session thread and once there is 12 nominations, we will have a poll of those. Each member can nominate one drawing (not their own) tough be quick as only twelve members can make it.

Remember, its the drawing that counts, so try to be objective and not just picking a drawing of some member you might like.

For the winner, there might be even some awards waiting...atop the glory of course.

[Profile]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 10:06 am
Allright, my nominee:

Garlicdesign's Konig class. All of them, really, but I'll just take first in class.

[ img ]

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 10:59 am
Choosing was quite hard, but my nominee goes to PomboCZ's Zuikaku:

[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 11:07 am
how can I go for anything but bombheads invincible class?
[ img ]

[Profile]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 11:16 am
totally agree Ace

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 11:22 am
Whilst I don't exactly agree with CraigH's drawing style for sailing ship 100%, his rendition of the Balcutha is superb and as far as I'm aware, one of the best example, if not the best ship, project sail has churned out.

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
Novice
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 11:32 am
I'm going for Charybdis's drawing of the Queen Mary 2

[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 2:41 pm
It so difficult to choice this time, since we have artist as Ace.. with his excellent research, BB1987 for making, drawing Battleships easy, thanks to his awesome research, Darth Panda for always pulling an gem up of the hat, and his almost perfect drawings. so my top 3. is:

Acelanceloet's: Oliver Hazard Perry class (the entire series of ships he did.
[ img ]

I have it as my number 1. because it was basically this drawing where ace.. had taken what we other have been playing around with, and tried to do for a long time... when he posted this drawing he changed how we shaded the hull. (yes we shaded somewhat similar to this before, but this one made it work. Mine other reason is his aye for details. and the research he have done for it.

BB1987 Fuso class (the entire series)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BB1987/S ... -_1915.png

it is what I think is one of the best research project ever done in Shipbucket, and that alone give it a place. As drawing goes, it's an extream good work, high quality, but it I get that feeling that it missing something, (What is the difference between a 5 or 6 star hotel?).

Darth Panda: he always pull up an Gem from his deep hat. this time he posted many Gems.. but I had to chose for one ship and it is his drawing of Helena class. But I could have said.. "the entire white fleet drawings done by Darth Panda".

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7991uu.png

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 3:15 pm
CraigH's USS Constitution as Launched:
[ img ]

Likely the best Sailbucket drawings we've seen.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: DRAWING OF THE MONTH revisitedPosted: August 11th, 2014, 3:25 pm
forgot about that one.. and I agree.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: