Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 16th, 2015, 5:20 pm
No problem. :)
Some time ago I also made a list of Soviet warship classification symbols (with translations) that was then posted by Gollevainen here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 144#p93144
but unfortunately it was graphic file (.png) and when Majhost went down it vanished with it and it seems that I can't find it anywhere in my archive. Has anyone, perhaps, got it saved?
(otherwise I'll have to do it once again)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 16th, 2015, 8:12 pm
eswube wrote:
No problem. :)
Some time ago I also made a list of Soviet warship classification symbols (with translations) that was then posted by Gollevainen here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 144#p93144
but unfortunately it was graphic file (.png) and when Majhost went down it vanished with it and it seems that I can't find it anywhere in my archive. Has anyone, perhaps, got it saved?
(otherwise I'll have to do it once again)
I have it. I think.
Some place.
No, seriously, I've seen it somewhere in the eight gigabytes of shipbucket stuff I have sometime in the last four weeks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 17th, 2015, 7:29 am
Do you have the original draft I made up back in those days? I've long since pruned my PMs so I know I don't poses it anymore, but I recall I had some txt. file of it somewhere

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 17th, 2015, 9:32 am
@TimothyC
It would be great if You could find it somewhere. :)

@Gollevainen
Problem isn't as much in recreating what contents such chart should have, but rather with making the graphical part of this chart. ;)
Well, if there will be no other option, I'll just re-do it in some days time (but this time it will be better to post it to the main site).

EDIT:
And one more thing, related to the "basic" file naming. Old "Filename Conventions" thread (by Colosseum)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=401
Is still stickied (as announcement) in the General Discussion forum, whereas the new thread ("New File Name Rules") is stickied in the Forum News forum. I guess it's potentially bit confusing and maybe the old one should be un-stickied?

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 17th, 2015, 2:14 pm
If you are going to write a bit about how to name the file/ship can I please ask if you could suggest that all ships should have a date on them ? (nothing more annoying than opening HMS.... and finding its the wrong one by 20(or 100) years)

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 17th, 2015, 8:15 pm
Yes! Dates are good! Humans recyle ship names endlessly.
CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: August 3rd, 2017, 3:28 pm
Bumping this thread to restart discussion. I'd like to include a version of this on the new site, with images to illustrate important topics.

A few things to note:

1. The new site does away with the strict image file naming conventions by its very nature. These are no longer relevant and will not be covered in the new style manual.

2. A set of baseline shipbucket rules will be defined upon which the more advanced stuff like hull shading and window size etc will be layered, giving every artist latitude to develop their own style within the baseline style (this has already happened anyway).

3. The threatening and unprofessional verbiage of the 2008 original guide I wrote as a teenager will be completely removed and replaced with something more appropriate.

4. A clear and concise version will be created with expandable bullet points to drill down further as necessary. The first draft of this guide is frankly a bit overwhelming, especially for a newbie trying to get into this for the first time.

Post away. I'll return from my vacation next Monday and will be able to write this up in full and post on the new site once I return, but would prefer that the discussion of what to include and how to word certain areas has already happened by then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Little Bird
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: August 4th, 2017, 9:55 pm
Hy guys, how to create the small mono-color profile (of ship, aircraft o vehicle) in B side template??
I use MS Paint and GIMP.

Thanks!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: August 4th, 2017, 10:00 pm
Little Bird wrote: *
Hy guys, how to create the small mono-color profile (of ship, aircraft o vehicle) in B side template??
I use MS Paint and GIMP.

Thanks!!
It is quite simple, when using MS Paint. All you do is recolor your drawing in one color. If you want to re-scale the drawing it is better to re-color first, and than re-scale, as the loss if image quality is minimal.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: August 5th, 2017, 8:26 am
I think Golly's basic rules are still the standard everyone should follow and I don't see much changes since then in terms of the basic SB style.

I guess the main debating point is the advanced rules covering the experiences of the most skilled artists. Everyone has a different style, and that's good, but trying to distil the best points from the best artists should be the main point of any advanced tips. Underwater shading being one complex issue for example.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: