Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Longhorn59
Post subject: Weathering a Type 24 frigatePosted: March 14th, 2016, 4:51 am
Ive been commissioned to build a plastic model of a Type 23. The client is fussy and wants it built and painted to look very realistic. The kit is only 16" when done. What kind of weathering from use and abuse would look real ... Rust stains, chipped paint, faded/worn surfaces etc? Where can i find good reference images? Thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Weathering a Type 24 frigatePosted: March 14th, 2016, 8:21 am
You'd probably be better off going to one of the modelling forums.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Weathering a Type 24 frigatePosted: March 14th, 2016, 10:33 am
Hi as a ship modeller myself. I tend to find the RN Keeps its modern surface combatants in rather good condition however rust streaks can usually be found from the anchor location, around the various openings on the stern and some times the odd streak down super structure where drainage isn't to good. Any tight angles coming of the horizontal plains. Some rusting or chipping of paint is usually around the bow close or in proximity of the 4.5 shells ejected normally hit the deck and cause pitting and rusting, scorch marks inside the VLS and begins the Harppon Launchers can be found but only shortly after use as these areas are quickly touched up to preserve the ship. I'd recommend looking at lots of photos of the Type 23's try pictures of ones in dock there are some great images on google in Portsmouth and Devonporr with great weathering references. Post a pic when it's done

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Weathering a Type 24 frigatePosted: March 14th, 2016, 10:57 am
Hi like Shippy i am a moddeller my self and like o weather my vehicles . So i know there are on YouTube some movies how to do that. The link is how to do that to a ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asvxadk5kF8

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: