Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
KUBOB21
Post subject: Italian 135/45mm DP?Posted: December 31st, 2016, 6:48 pm
I'm looking for any info on the proposed Italian twin 135/45mm DP mounts that were to be mounted on the rebuilt Cavour and the Etna classes and single DP mounts for DDs and corvettes?
Is there any data available on the mounts, elevation/depression, rate of fire etc.?
Do any drawings or photos of mock ups exist for these mounts?
Also are the single mounts as depicted of the OTO AS450 project DP?
The Garibaldi after rebuild mounted a version of these in a twin DP mounting but no detailed drawings appear to exist of the turrents and details appear to be lacking even on sites like NavWeaps or in any books I could find. I would like to find full info on these and the WW2 proposals and see how they compare both in data and in build/appearance.

[Profile] [Quote]
iiradned
Post subject: Re: Italian 135/45mm DP?Posted: December 31st, 2016, 7:12 pm
Have you been to NavWeaps?

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNIT_53-45_m1938.php

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Italian 135/45mm DP?Posted: December 31st, 2016, 8:26 pm
Indeed, this site has info for many naval guns, even torpedoes, all by country and time period.

[Profile] [Quote]
KUBOB21
Post subject: Re: Italian 135/45mm DP?Posted: January 1st, 2017, 7:39 pm
Yes, I've checked out the data on NavWeaps, and also printed resources via Janes, Conway etc. Also numerous web searches in English and Italian.
All data/drawings/info end with the model 1938 guns and mounts that were not DP, (Max Elev 45 degrees).
What I'm trying to find is data and drawings on these that are mentioned on NavWeaps:
"A twin AA version for the Etna class cruisers and for the rebuild of the damaged battleship Conte Di Cavour were only in the planning stages by the time of the Italian Armistice."
I'm guessing the would resemble the Garibaldi's Model1957? versions which I also have not found data/drawings of.

Also I'm looking for any info if single barrel versions for later Medaglie d'Oro's were to be DP as well and data/drawings for the same.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: