Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Site recommendationsPosted: January 19th, 2017, 2:01 pm
Can anybody recommend any good sites for reading about naval propulsion plants/ship design. I'm trying to educate myself a little more about naval architecture and engineering.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Site recommendationsPosted: January 19th, 2017, 4:09 pm
Hi, Regia Marina.
There are a couple of important books (at least for me) about british shipbuilding, specially in the second half of the XIX century and the first quarter of the XX. "British Battleships" by Oscar Parkes (is an old book, and very instructive but unfortunatelly I don`t know if there is a modern edition, I own a book of 1973!!. Dr. Parkes is the most tangible proof than a professional in health sciences can be also an excellent technical historian). And a pair of books by D. K. Brown. "Warrior to Dreadnought" and "The Grand Fleet". Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Site recommendationsPosted: January 19th, 2017, 4:11 pm
reytuerto wrote:
Hi, Regia Marina.
There are a couple of important books (at least for me) about british shipbuilding, specially in the second half of the XIX century and the first quarter of the XX. "British Battleships" by Oscar Parkes (is an old book, and very instructive but unfortunatelly I don`t know if there is a modern edition, I own a book of 1973!!. Dr. Parkes is the most tangible proof than a professional in health sciences can be also an excellent technical historian). And a pair of books by D. K. Brown. "Warrior to Dreadnought" and "The Grand Fleet". Cheers.
Very cool. I own a few books on ships (mostly modern ships)that have been out of print since the 1980's. These don't have many plans in them, but some good technical details and pictures. I will look into these.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: