Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 11:18 pm
I will never understand why people want "offline copies" of Shipbucket when the drawings get updated and changed so often, but to each his own.

As it stands, our developer is being paid an hourly rate. I am not quite sure I see the utility of such a feature outside satisfying a fairly obscure use case that will only be used by one or two people, and I think this feature (if we do decide to build it) will probably be very far down the list of priorities. I would prefer to get the whole system working and then we can examine feature requests such as this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 8th, 2017, 2:57 am
This is awesome news guys! I will gladly make a donation, really looking forward to the big reveal 😁

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 8th, 2017, 8:12 am
Like colo said, this is huge project, and it cost money. We have certain goal ahead and certain vision of why we are paying for that work, and If money and time would be unlimitied, then we naturally would customise all perks and personal needs for every user. But in real world, we really cannot be so generous. As far we have discussed about this particular customised need, Its technical feasibility hugely overcomes the efforts needed to build it, and once done, it would impose possible restriction our host bandwidth. In such cases, no other alternative but monetary compensation to pay for it existance to exist.

In meanwhile, lets get these donations flowing that we can even cover the basic work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 9th, 2017, 2:28 am
Over the years Shipbucket has kept me entertained, it's kept me busy drawing for hours on end and saved me from doing some boring choir that I'd rather not do or from some programme by better half wants to watch (a soap or reality TV show). I first started drawing when I was in between jobs, I hadn't long left the army and was looking up for any information on the German H-39 battleship project (as you do). On clicking on images I come across a coloured illustration of the H-39 drawn by MitcheLL300 ( who had already been banned) and took that as inspiration to draw. From that, and a growing interest in the Imperial German Navy capital ships I tentatively began work on the L 20 e battleship, which I have worked on and again and again, treating 'him' as 'my baby' until I felt ready to draw a 'real' ship. I must admit that I should have drawn a real ship before drawing a never were has been said on many an occasion. I haven't been on here much since December, and recently my hard drive packed up on my PC, which is less than two years old. I've managed to replace the hard drive and install Windows 10 all on my own, which saved me a wad of cash and helped me gain a little experience to boot. I am still drawing but I digress. I said in an earlier post that I would make a donation, I'm not the kind of person to give my money away for anything but because I have enjoyed being a member of Shipbucket so much over the years and wish to continue to be a member for the foreseeable future I've made a small donation as a thank you for having me as a member of a very friendly and like minded group of people, who leave everything, except drawing, at the door. I've written this not for thanks but as a thank you and to shown I've stuck to my word.

Thank you again to everyone at Shipbucket.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 9th, 2017, 4:46 am
Beautifully put Tempest

I couldn't have said it better myself. For me it's a form of catharsis and I hope a small donation can aid this development.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 9th, 2017, 4:16 pm
Thanks guys, I see the account received several donations last night. If you are one of the donators please contact me with the name on the Paypal payment and I'll add you to the new "Admiral's Club" usergroup (red title). If you are a premium or elite member already and want to keep that title color, or if you don't wish to be identified, please let me know too.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 9th, 2017, 4:38 pm
I am just waiting for my salary. then pay all the bills, and find out how much I have left for food and entertainment and other fun stuff... But I have had a lot of overtime lately, so that can be interesting :-P

I am not ashamed for having my name colored in Thousand colors... so "Colo" do whatever you want with that, just give me 1 day...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm
Well, sadly, as the forum can only display one "default" group for each member, it's up to the donator to decide which one they want to appear as. They will still show up in the list of members with that user title when the group is opened, though. ;) I totally understand if people don't want to be identified so if that's your preference, also let us know.

The "Admiral's Club" doesn't confer any additional privileges, just a forum badge to indicate who has helped out financially with the project.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 9th, 2017, 5:48 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Well, sadly, as the forum can only display one "default" group for each member, it's up to the donator to decide which one they want to appear as. They will still show up in the list of members with that user title when the group is opened, though. ;) I totally understand if people don't want to be identified so if that's your preference, also let us know.

The "Admiral's Club" doesn't confer any additional privileges, just a forum badge to indicate who has helped out financially with the project.

Well all that is fine and I do not have problem with that.

But what I would do is instead of using a "Admiral's club" color on our name, I would have gone for a logo or something similar, to show this is an member that help out financially on this forum. It could be a text saying: "Shipbucket financial contributor"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 9th, 2017, 6:07 pm
Sadly phpbb doesn't seem to allow for custom titles in user profile displays (next to the post) so a colored user title is the best we can do. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: