Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 10:11 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Ok, so indeed intresting times we live in. The donations can be send in paypall to admin@shipbucket.com account and all cents counts, so lets do this and get it working! :)
Does the currency does any difference? Does it have to be Euros or US Dollars or it could be anything?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 10:33 pm
eswube wrote:
Gollevainen wrote:
Ok, so indeed intresting times we live in. The donations can be send in paypall to admin@shipbucket.com account and all cents counts, so lets do this and get it working! :)
Does the currency does any difference? Does it have to be Euros or US Dollars or it could be anything?

Those web page, usually change the value shown by where you live. That is what I see every time I go around on those type of pages.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 10:51 pm
PayPal will convert whatever currency you send to the "native" currency of the paypal account you're sending it to. I think it will probably end up as EUR because Gollevainen is located in Finland.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:46 am
I quietly optimistic that the new site will solve some of our problems with reliable archiving and making us independent (to some degree anyway depending on storage limits) from image hosts.

I guess progress will take some time to complete but at least we'll be better future-proofed than many sites and projects that have disappeared into the pixel ether over the years.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 9:20 am
Its good that the optimism takes toll among us, since this is indeed big change for the entire community, comparable to the creation of the current archive and the forums back in many years ago. Thus in order to make this happen, all contributions (monetary) are needed so we can secure the success.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:12 pm
I would like to request that members in good standing please have a "Download all" button to make local copies of the stuff that is on the server. I would even understand if we could only press it once a month or so.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:23 pm
If such can be made technically feasible, we migth add that sort of feature for examble as paid extra service for expanding our budget.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:46 pm
Gollevainen wrote: *
If such can be made technically feasible, we migth add that sort of feature for examble as paid extra service for expanding our budget.
No expert on this, but this sounds dangerous. As in, is somebody the owner of the stuff we made because he paid for it? Can he do what he likes with it? Donations are one thing, but this sounds like selling stuff, even if that same stuff is downloadable for free one by one.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:52 pm
naturally the feature would be only available for the SB members. But as you said yourself, since the stuff is allready downloadable by itself, there isen't actually that big need for such feature at all, but making one would mean work and that work, as outscored now, costs, and those cost would need to be covered.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 7th, 2017, 9:28 pm
Gollevainen wrote: *
naturally the feature would be only available for the SB members. But as you said yourself, since the stuff is allready downloadable by itself, there isen't actually that big need for such feature at all, but making one would mean work and that work, as outscored now, costs, and those cost would need to be covered.
Eh, It's only really possible because I took the time and effort to both scrape the board, and the current system offers read-only access to the file structure where everything is stored. Personally, I'd like the feature so that I can go and have an offline/local copy of everything for my own purposes.

By the way, figure an ETA of 0100 to 0200Z for the completed update for the board.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: