Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
watchwood
Post subject: I'm making you a web site. Ask Me Anything.Posted: May 8th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Hi,

My name is John Wood. I've been a professional web developer for years, and now I'm the guy that's making your new web site.

Your admins and I had a brief chat and thought that some of you might find it informative for me to personally answer questions about the project, web development, or whatever else. (A few of you might also know me as the Sea Powers guy)

So, ask me anything.

[Profile] [Quote]
rundrewrun99
Post subject: Re: I'm making you a web site. Ask Me Anything.Posted: May 8th, 2017, 7:24 pm
How are you? Also, in all seriousness, how far in depth is the search feature going to go, and how will it be categorized?

[Profile] [Quote]
watchwood
Post subject: Re: I'm making you a web site. Ask Me Anything.Posted: May 8th, 2017, 7:41 pm
I'm doing pretty good.

Literally anything in the database can be searched, it's just a matter of adding the code for it.

The current search feature can be broken down by category (real design, AU, etc), ship type, country, and the names of the ship, drawing, and class can also be searched.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: I'm making you a web site. Ask Me Anything.Posted: May 9th, 2017, 3:31 am
Hello John.

May I enquire if there to be a database of ships, establishments and squadron badges and if so, how are they going to be searchable :?:

[Profile] [Quote]
watchwood
Post subject: Re: I'm making you a web site. Ask Me Anything.Posted: May 10th, 2017, 1:37 am
There is already a database of ships, currently it's being used as a search reference for drawings on the test site.

The final phase of the project will include what we're currently calling a parts database, which will be searchable and be able to store pretty much any sub information about ships that is decided to be stored in there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: