Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
Colosseum
Post subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 8th, 2017, 6:03 pm
As originally discussed in this thread, Gollevainen and I have engaged a professional web developer to completely revitalize the Shipbucket.com archive and website. This new database-driven site includes searchable drawings, a parts organization system, and personal profiles for authors, but most importantly, the ability for authors to upload and manage their work directly on the SB website through a simple user interface with no image dimension restrictions or advertisements.

Take a look at the test installation here: http://test.shipbucket.com/

Please create a user account when you get a chance, and contact me directly if you'd like admin credentials to look through the more advanced functionalities being built.

Additionally, our web developer has posted an "Ask Me Anything" thread here. If you have any questions about the new site or any of the new functionalities, please ask him there. I will of course also be around to answer any broader questions the community may have.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 8th, 2017, 6:10 pm
Indeed these are intresting times for the whole community, such that only few of us has seen before, back from the dates we gradually moved away from e-mail rings and single photobucket account. Shipbucket 2.0 in sort of speaking in terms of archiving and maintaining our work.
Shipbucket has always been very userfriendly and non-commercial community with easy Access for anyone sharing our passion to pixel art and ships. however, to get things perfect with the new mainsite, we have recruited outside devolper and these things does pay us some actuall money. In order to retain the community as free as possible, we feel that part (most if possible) of the fees we need to cover would come from donations from our userbase, and then us admins. will cover the rest.

So if you feel like participating into this great common Project of renewing our site, please feel free to donate at PayPall to our account, admin@shipbucket.com

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 3:26 am
We are still planning on having a database of Ships Badges and Squadron Crests aren't we?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 1:30 pm
Yes, ship's badges and squadron crests will be organized and searchable under the Parts system.

For an idea of how the search system will work, take a look here: http://test.shipbucket.com/drawings

The drop downs and search bar at the top will create filtered lists of the drawings that have already been uploaded and tagged.

Also - if anyone on here wants to start helping us upload images and begin tagging them, please contact me via PM or discord. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
HyperHiggsHelix
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 2:24 pm
Will we be able to search drawings by the artist?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 2:33 pm
Yes. The current search function is more of a filter on that page. There will be an advanced search function available later on.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 5:02 pm
Registered!
Great job!

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 7:56 pm
Is registering to the new site is obligatory, or is possible to transfer the registered members data base

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 8:30 pm
Yes. Everyone will need to make a new account. The registration process is very simple and takes little to no time at all.

Please make an account ASAP so we can begin uploading work - without accounts, we can't upload and properly tag work to its respective authors!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website at 50% CompletionPosted: May 9th, 2017, 10:06 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Yes. Everyone will need to make a new account. The registration process is very simple and takes little to no time at all.

Please make an account ASAP so we can begin uploading work - without accounts, we can't upload and properly tag work to its respective authors!
Where can I make an account? When I open the test site I can only see the pedestinated vessels. All other posibilities gives this: 'Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found.'

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: