Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: July 23rd, 2017, 6:34 pm
well we are not that far off. I'll see what I have left of my holiday money, after the holiday!

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: August 12th, 2017, 9:32 pm
Hood wrote: *
Well Photobucket was worse than useless since the resizing anyway. Do they really think folks are going to shell out $400 a year just to link images to other sites?
One wonders how long will Imgur resist the temptation to implode, after all other the others have gone down the same route and I can't see the future getting any more open when it comes to image sharing.
It's sad to see that a player in the competition will be seeing it's inevitable doom. While I never liked Photobucket, I thought that the competition of image hosting sites has brought some innovation, as competition always inspires. But I guess the Internet just surpassed the site. It'll be a slow death.

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

I authored these forum threads:
GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index
TrucKola's Project/Image Dump

[Profile] [Quote]
danricco
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: August 15th, 2017, 11:41 am
Hello guys!

After a long, long time away from here I'm back and I'm trying to edit my old posts (ok, only four drawings) hosted in photobucket, but this isn't possible for three of them. What can I do?

[Profile] [Quote]
Mist
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: August 15th, 2017, 2:00 pm
pay photobucket $400

beyond that basically nothing

[Profile] [Quote]
danricco
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: August 15th, 2017, 7:50 pm
No, not in that way! I'm trying to edit my old post with new links for the drawings. In closed threads it's impossible to edit your posts

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: August 15th, 2017, 7:58 pm
Start a new thread displaying your old drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 11:54 pm
i use postimg, never had a problem with that...not with the whole photobucket ordeal, how do we get the pictures now that they are not view-able?

"Just consider me the forum's resident V-22 expert." ;)

-----------------------------

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: December 26th, 2017, 1:49 am
Found two browser extensions to get around this.

For Chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ated?hl=en

For Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ucket-fix/

I suggest not only adding these if you use one of those browsers, but also saving any valuable images and re-uploading them with a different service in case either of these stops working.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: December 26th, 2017, 8:11 pm
Seems like a good thing to have as a backup plan for using any of the other image hosting sites. The bad publicity Photobucket had as a result of their "new" features (may be also Dropbox suffered from the same) will probably make a second line player now, even with this new feature.
Any way a marvelous find, and a nice way to start 2018.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Photobucket disabling of hotlinked imagesPosted: December 26th, 2017, 11:01 pm
Indeed. I made a dedicated thread, as I'm aware that a lot of work ended up getting "lost," and this will help people recover much of it and back it up elsewhere.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: