Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1618 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: December 24th, 2013, 9:36 pm
Welcome to level: "almost there!"

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: December 24th, 2013, 10:03 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
Contrafibulations to all!
You are causing me great peri-compombulation. :| ;)

Congrats to all promoted! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: December 25th, 2013, 2:10 pm
Congratulations on your promotions to CraigH, LEUT East, Rhade, shippy2013 & Zephyr. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: December 26th, 2013, 11:56 pm
Well done everyone on the promotions!

hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: December 27th, 2013, 8:55 pm
Belated congrats to all, really really well deserved!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: March 9th, 2014, 5:03 pm
I hereby nominate maomatic for Premium Membership for his incredible work in the Panzerschiffe / Scharnhorst-class thread.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: March 9th, 2014, 5:14 pm
Here, here!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: March 9th, 2014, 6:28 pm
I rater think we should wait a bit with the promotion, and see who he does it on the next drawing. for at the moment we have given anybody an promotion just if they can show that they are relay good at it. for example me, it took me a long time before I got the promotion, even when I was already good at drawing in the start (just some small adjustment), and I have a lot of knowledge on those Norwegian ships that I drew.

But what I have seen lately is that if an member can show that he is good at drawing a vessel. then he get promoted, all the way up to orange member, while I for example and many other members on this forum that over and over again show that we are beyond good drawer and with high amount of knowledge, we never see an promotion except that blue promotion.

For example
Thiel: his knowledge on sailboat, the work he have done for danish ships, and the general knowledge he have. (orange)
Colombamike: yes we hate it when he come suddenly bursting in with his knowledge, almost slaughter our drawings. but in the end he is correct. (He come with the horrible truth, and we are not capable to believe it) (Orange)
KimWerner: his knowledge and drawing skills in drawing ship's badges is beyond us. (Orange)
LEUT_East: for showing how a ship can look when using details correct. (Orange)
Karle94: he show that he have done a good research, drawing skills have become better, detail's well he have perhaps a little more to go on, but that is all about how detailed do we need to be able to draw an ship (And I am not saying this because he is Norwegian like me!) (blue)
Eswube should carry FD-scale title due his extreme high knowledge on Polish aircraft. (There are almost more Polish aircraft in FD-subfoum than there are of any other aircraft)

"I am not going to write my self up, that would just be silly! I'm happy as blue, no pressure just posting some good drawings from time to time"

what I am saying is that man must be more straight on when a member can be promoted and not:

Blue: have shown several drawings of high quality. not of the same ship but of different vessels. And show that he/her have done the research

Orange: High en drawer, general or high knowledge about what he is drawing. Shows that he have done a little more research than you would expect from an member. bringing something new to the forum, for example: Help out with parts, search for information for other members and help them out. (recommended trait would be to be able to be diplomatic)

For maomatic, yes he show skills in both drawing and in doing his research, even when he adjust drawing because he control the drawing up against his research work. but an definitely yes from my side would come when he do an totally different ship, where he have to do a lot of research.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: March 9th, 2014, 6:56 pm
well if you guys recall from the leadership rearragment days, the issue of the entire memberranking was somewhat questioned by us adm. and sofar we haven't not yet made any decissions about the future of our ranking system. The current ranking seems to have its supporters, though considerable part of the elite members gave their understanding to My and Colo's view of abolishing the ranks.

If we continue with the ranks, rewamped or not, then naturally the names mentioned here are noted ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: PromotionsPosted: March 9th, 2014, 7:13 pm
Well, personally I definitely support the idea of further promotions for DG_Alpha and KimWerner.

@Heuhen
I dare to say I'm not doing only FD-scale drawings. Most of my ships are small ones, but there's quite a lot of them. :P
And no, Polish aircraft in FD forum aren't more numerous than all others combined - all files bearing my username in credits in FD-scale Air-Real Life folder (if it were made up-to-date) would amount just to around 35% of total number (and there are other FD folders too, after all, where my participation is much smaller). :lol: ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1618 »

Jump to: