Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Shinshu Maru.Posted: August 30th, 2020, 12:27 pm
Just because you're not an artist now, doesn't mean you can't start drawing and become one.

[Profile]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: Shinshu Maru.Posted: August 30th, 2020, 12:28 pm
I agree with acelanceloet honestly, you come to this community making a request and when somebody gives you a very good source that you can draw from, you basically tell him "no I want you to do it" and then when somebody points out your bad attitude, you have the audacity to be rude

[Profile]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Shinshu Maru.Posted: August 30th, 2020, 1:40 pm
John_Wolff wrote: *
And that is another reason I put the idea of the Shinshu Maru out there. I think it would be an interesting drawing and hopefully it did spark someones interest. But I see how I have been recieved and the idea so it is what it is. I am not an artist and for him to put up a line drawing and say good luck when the post clearly said I would like to see someone draw said ship. That seems like it is sarcastic and I would have liked to be received in a little more friendly manner. No hello, how you doing or anything. So whatever.
Hello there! :)

Your suggestion is fine, but the replies of our quite esteemed members here are quite appropriate given the situation I would say. Everybody here with the exception of yourself has replied in a helpful manner. If you had taken a moment instead of jumping the gun, you probably would have realized that the members here were simply trying to point some things out. But instead you took it personally, and here you're the one trying to take the high ground, yet lower yourself with name calling and being rude to the other members here on this forum. I also agree wholeheartedly with Ace, but next time please take the opportunity to check yourself so you won't be perceived in a negative light with your first posts on the forum. :roll:

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: Shinshu Maru.Posted: August 31st, 2020, 7:35 am
To be fair, I don't even know what's going on, but I guess it never hurts to try it out. Don't get me wrong though, never hurts to try something new (although I seldom dabble in ships lol)
I also agree with Imperialist.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Shinshu Maru.Posted: August 31st, 2020, 9:28 am
I have just Googled Shinshu Maru and found 3 line drawings and at least a dozen artworks, not to mention a few a photos (good photos of this ship are rare I admit). I didn't see the line drawing DP posted, looks more like a redrawn version in some form of CAD programme, so not sure of its authenticity or accuracy.

So there is plenty of material out there. I agree it would make a great addition to the bucket. Maybe one day some of our IJN experts will add it.

Just to bear in mind with requests, a ship like this is probably around 30 hours work if not more, its not a quick bash em' out job.

I think lockdown must be getting to people, seems to be widespread bad temper and argument across all forums these past few months.
This is a community who shares a hobby, there is no "social justice", we just get on and draw ships; we don't chat politics, we don't chat shit we just draw. And it works out well, the last ban was a year ago, the last before that was 2017. We like harmony and peace.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Shinshu Maru.Posted: August 31st, 2020, 2:11 pm
Thread locked... pls do not dogpile a new member (even one making a request for a drawing)

I suspect John Wolff is no longer reading this forum, but regarding drawing requests -- requests are of course tolerated, but as this is a site dedicated to a community drawing effort using relatively straightforward tools, it's very common for new users making drawing requests to get this same response of "try to draw it yourself". It's also perfectly acceptable for a new user to say "thank you, but I am not interested/capable of producing drawings myself". For what it's worth I don't think DP's response to John Wolff was sarcastic in nature.

Any issues just PM me directly

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: