Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 13 of 50  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1550 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 11:31 am
There was a red and white scheme and a plain blue with white undersides scheme AFAIK.

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 12:24 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
There was a red and white scheme and a plain blue with white undersides scheme AFAIK.
This one?
[ img ]

or This one?
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 2:06 pm
Yep... I will probably be appropriating these soon for North Point BTW. :)

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 3:36 pm
Y'know, I see the bottom one and I think SAAF... anywho, a forgotten member of the P-51 Family, the fastest, lightest, longest, most manouverable, and least produced P-51 of the family of P-51s, the P-51H, why they ceased production after 500 airframes, is beyond me, it out performed the D models. Also while trying to update the D to the H, I found out our D is 2 pixels too short, an easy fix.

[ img ]

[Profile]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 3:58 pm
Looks good!

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 5:05 pm
Thank's Jabba, only problem is I forgot the green light on the wing, lol

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 6:31 pm
nighthunter wrote:
the P-51H, why they ceased production after 500 airframes, is beyond me
Because by that time the F-80 was already clearly in the pipeline. There is no way a piston aircraft will compete with a jet-powered one. The only reason why the F-82 even survived at all was because range was the sole area where that didn't hold up (and even then the F-82 certainly didn't survive long, with or without it being unusual at best and an abomination for those less kindly inclined).

BTW, some fun facts (IIRC) - the F-82 prototype was created by joining two lengthened YP-51F frames with a common wing section. The YP-51F was the first serious effort at creating a lightweight, higher performance P-51 through a number of features - slightly thinner alloys (the original P-51 was in fact originally designed to stress specifications well over what the USAAF deemed really necessary), engine design (comparatively) advanced beyond the Merlin-derived engine in the current Mustangs, and a subtly redesigned fuselage that nonetheless was so structurally different the USAAF seriously considered giving it a new designation (the original YP-51F was noticeably smaller than the P-51D when placed side-by-side, almost like one of those newer kitplane replicas). The YP-51F received additional refinement (I think mostly just a new propeller) and became the P-51H you see that Nighthunter provided.

Largely because of those alloy changes that I mentioned, the P-51H was deemed too fragile for the type of ground-attack work most prop fighters were doing in Korea, hence why they went back to the P-51D (if you're wondering why they didn't use P-47s in Korea, it's because the USAF determined that too many had already been scrapped to support war attrition rates - and most of the ones still flying at the time were P-47Ns which received a similar alloy switch-over to the P-51H and due to their high-altitude performance were deemed more critical for homeland defense/bomber interception).

Also, I'm not going to cry or complain too much if someone points out that any of this is wrong.

EDIT: or you can read for yourself: http://www.airvectors.net/avp51_2.html#m5

[Profile]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 8:59 pm
Actually, a piston aircraft could compete with a jet aircraft, but not in terms of speed but in maneuverability. A P-51 could out maneuver any modern day fighter jet.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: August 31st, 2013, 10:12 pm
Great work with the F-16's DP :)

Here's the North American T-6 Texan trainer, also known as the Harvard in Commonwealth service:

[ img ]

I'll work on the different national markings as soon as I have a bit more time, but I know there will be a lot of them!
I don't mind if someone wants to do a particular country, but could you please just drop me a message so we don't double up - I think I'll be doing Canada first though. Of course it would also be great to see in any of the many excellent AU's on the forum.

Last edited by indiajuliet on September 1st, 2013, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 6Posted: September 1st, 2013, 7:37 am
Well, technically speaking...

http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 0Texan.png

Anyway, regardless of which one will be used, there will be Harvard in the Polish Wings - used by the Polish Air Force in Great Britain (as mentioned here: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 785#p98785 ).

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 13 of 50  [ 492 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1550 »

Jump to: