Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: September 13th, 2013, 8:41 pm
My word, those are some CARRIERS.

Are you basing the SA-N-7 installation on 1153 on a real project? The layout seems unlikely for mutual-interference reasons.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: September 13th, 2013, 8:52 pm
Wow.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: September 13th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Very,very,very,very,very nice Gollevainen

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: September 14th, 2013, 12:01 am
Very nice! Hmm, were the angled deck markings on the carriers retrofitted with an angled deck inspired by the markings on British carriers?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: September 14th, 2013, 8:01 am
Quote:
Are you basing the SA-N-7 installation on 1153 on a real project? The layout seems unlikely for mutual-interference reasons.
Yeah its based on the real model of that design in OTL (I'll post a drawing of it in the never-where section later today). The "tandem-arragment" is bit odd but interestingly enough the Kashin class destroyer Provonyi also featured similar tandem fit, tough in it only the foremost launcher was fitted (but the root of the other is clearly visible.). The same arragment is also shown in some drawings of Sovremennyi prototypes.
Quote:
were the angled deck markings on the carriers retrofitted with an angled deck inspired by the markings on British carriers?
Yes, Bombheads drawings on british carriers were great inspiration for me while doing these.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: September 14th, 2013, 9:24 am
Just when I had given up hope the Master of Eastern Bloc has blown everyone out of the water. A truly great collection of carriers and let's hope this time its definitive!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: September 14th, 2013, 10:12 am
Well definitive in a since that for toying around the soviet never-where concepts as base for the AU has somewhat come to its end. I've been going around with the same designs for Novgorod, Komintern and now AU Soviet Union for almoust 5 years now and frankly I need some changes for a while. While finishing these carriers I already have started to work on Komintern 2.0 version which is going to be based on entirely new base.

But who knows, perhaps I'll return to AU Soviet Union in the future, my love for the never-wheres is still strong and I can't completely put them aside..

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: