Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 15 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1751 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 7th, 2013, 8:13 pm
Addition to Ouragans and Mysteres posted while ago. :)
Many thanks to Hood for help and encouragement.
Note: good sources - photographs and drawings - of these aircraft are somewhat scarce, therefore these drawings may be rather far from perfect in that respect.

Between 1954 and 1958 four Ouragan fighters were adapted to rough field operations with twin-wheeled main langing gear and landing parachute. Idea was mainly to allow them operate as ground-attack aircraft in Algeria. They were nicknamed "Barougan" - a portmoneau of Arabic "baroud" (battle) and Ouragan. After extensive trials most were reconfigured back to standard configuration.

France, Dassault MD.450 Ouragan/Barougan
[ img ]

Eleventh pre-production Ouragan was built in 1952 with solid nose and lateral intakes and designated MD.450-11 (after serial number) or MD.450-30L (after 30mm cannon and lateral intakes). It was a testbed for a planned MD.451 Aladin nightfighter that later evolved into Mystere IIIN (see below).

France, Dassault MD.450-11 Ouragan (MD.450-30L)
[ img ]

Part of the Ouragan development process was a project to create twin-seated radar-equipped (AI Mk.17 or APG-33) night fighter designated MD.451 Aladin, then MD.453 Harmattan and finally MD.453 Mystere IIIN or Mystere de Nuit. Only one prototype was completed and was first flown in 1952 but never equipped with radar due to project being cancelled in favor of more promising Mystere IVN (see below), while the aircraft itself was later used as testbed for ejection seats.

France, Dassault MD.453 Mystere IIIN (Mystere de Nuit)
[ img ]

Further development of Mystere IVA led to Mystere IVB, which, in fact shared with it's predecessor only wings, horizontal tail surfaces, main landing gear and some equipment. Prototype was first flown in 1953, followed by six more examples. Development was cancelled in favor of Super Mystere.

France, Dassault MD.454 Mystere IVB
[ img ]

In parallel with Mystere IVB a slightly (1,17m) twin-seat night-fighter Mystere IVN was developed. It was to be equipped with APG-33 radar, two 30mm cannons and retractable pack for 52 68mm rockets. Prototype was flown in 1954 but further development was cancelled on cost and performance (insufficient endurance and some issues with radar) grounds in favor of Vautour and purchase of US F-86D's. On 31 may 1955 Jacqueline Auriol flying Mystere IVN achieved Women's Speed Record of 1151 km/h on base of 12,3km. Later the plane was used as testbed in development of radar equipment, including AIDA and ALADIN radars.

France, Dassault MD.454 Mystere IVN
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile]
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 7th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Great thread, excellent drawings.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 7th, 2013, 9:57 pm
Splendid works eswube ! :-)
Wonderful A400M Garlicdesign, it will be nice in real color.

[Profile]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 8th, 2013, 10:53 am
Cplnew83 wrote:
Garlicdesign wrote:
[ img ]
Congrats, my friend, your rendering is just perfect.
But, there is a but, the rail antenna and the refueling probe are on the left side of the Grizzly. See :
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Airbus-I ... b3c7c2f160
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Airbus-I ... 882810afd5
Hello again

Thanks cplnew83, I seem to have used a mirror-image as template. Edited, as can be seen above; there were a few more inconsistencies between the port and starboard sides.

Greetings
GD

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 8th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Those Dassaults are superb eswube! They turned out as well as I thought they would. The lettering on the nose is a really neat touch, I bet it wasn't easy to do but its a nice touch.
The A400M update is as gorgeous as it was before too!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 8th, 2013, 3:53 pm
Thanks for all Your kind comments! :)

@Hood
Actually the lettering was easier than I initially expected. Point is in not trying too hard to replicate the letters as such, but more of the general "layout" of lines that compose it.

@Garlicdesign
Great work with adding left side. Any chance for adding (perhaps to that "left side") lowered landing gear? ;)

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 8th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Great work, both of you guys!

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 9th, 2013, 4:07 am
For Rhade and eswube, the Dewoitine D.520:

[ img ]

[Profile]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 9th, 2013, 4:10 am
Me likey

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 7: The Easy Search ThreadPosted: December 9th, 2013, 4:13 am
Thanks, Trojan, only reason I did it, was for an AU Finnish version, which will be posted later.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 15 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1751 »

Jump to: