Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 35 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3750 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 8:47 am
Nice additions!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 10:24 am
Nice additions!
The Indian TSR.2s look good and the Irish Harrier is certainly an inspiration!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 4:57 pm
Thank you Hood, is there something else I can add/change to my Indian TSR.2s?

Agree about the Irish Harrier, is awesome!

And the Swedish TSR.2s

[ img ]

I doubt if Sweden would bought TSR.2, but the aircraft looks wonderful in Swedish camo- I just want to do it when I saw it in a site about What if Aircraft models two years ago. Some AU History: Saab assembled 40 units from 1976 to 1982, they share some electronics with the Viggen instead of using only British/Australian electronics like other export customers. Today most remaining airframes are in reserve, but a full squadron can be reactivated in two days if needed. In 1990's 32 airframes received a modernization program, mostly replacing outdated electronics systems, received also RBS-15 missiles, Bk90 and Mjolnir. They were already capable of using Rb75 and 135mm rockets. Also a Swedish designed reconnaissance pod can be carried, while several improvements made to the original equipment. Comments are welcomed.

P.S I have also the Australian ones at 90% ready and only the Luftwaffe variant is missing. Any ideas of which squadron of Luftwaffe could have TSR.2?

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 8:12 pm
Nice work everyone, and especially great looking TSR-2's, Odysseus. Keep them coming!

Here's a maritime patrol/anti-submarine variant of the Sukhoi Superjet 100 which I have designated the Su-100M for the Russian Navy. The aircraft features advanced marine radar, IR camera, MAD boom, air refueling capability, missile hardpoints and can also deploy torpedoes and mines from a bomb bay and launch sonar-buoys. In export markets, the Su-100M provides a lower cost alternative to the American Boeing P-8 Poseidon.

[ img ]

I welcome any comments or suggestions for improvements, or any equipment I may have missed.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 8:19 pm
@Odysseus1980
Great work on camo!

I guess that idea of Swedish TSR.2's isn't completely unrealistic. I mean, assuming that sweden would continue nuclear weapons development, but would cancel SAAB 36, then they would need some weapon carrier, and Sweden already used significant amount of British jet warplanes (Vampire, Hunter).

As for the Luftwaffe units (I guess that rather "Wings" than "Squadrons"), there were (1960s-1980s) four "Light Bomber Wings" (Leichtes Kampfgeschwader, LKG) numbered 41 to 44, but these were actually attack wings with FIAT G.91, so name was more impressive than their equipment. Then, it could be some of the recce units (assuming that the planes would be downgraded from TSR to TR ;) ) - Aufklarungsgeschwader (AG) 51 to 54 (AG 53 and 54 quickly become LKG 44 and 43 respectively). Or simply one of fighter-bomber wings (Jagdbombergeschwader), esp. with 30-series numbers.

@Indiajuliet
Fantastic! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 8:22 pm
Indiajuliet, that looks badass!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 10:00 pm
Badass and totally (to my eye) plausible.

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 10:26 pm
Thanks for the comments :)
I think it's the Russian paintjob that makes it look badass, inspired by the Su-34. I'm also working on an AEW variant which I'll post soon.

This is the first export of the Su-100M to Venezuela:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 8th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Hello again
Quote:
P.S I have also the Australian ones at 90% ready and only the Luftwaffe variant is missing. Any ideas of which squadron of Luftwaffe could have TSR.2?
In a world without Tornadoes, that would probably the 33rd fighter bomber sqn (Büchel AB), Germany's carriers for US supplied nukes.

Looking forward to that one!

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: FD AU 2Posted: February 9th, 2014, 8:02 am
Germany ordered 80 TSR.2s, half of them gone to Marineflieger to replace the F-104G. A turbojet variant of Kormoran developed also, using the US Teledyne J402 engine from Harpoon. Luftwaffe TSR.2s replaced the Fiat G.91, while Germany also has the Tornado. However, Italy received more airframes than real world in this scenario. Germany was the first to intergrade the AGM-88 HARM to TSR.2 in late 1980's and they saw action in First Gulf War together with Tornados. In Afghanistan and German TSR.2s again saw combat action, this time as bombers with laser guided ammunition. Also Britain used it in combat missions, Falklands,Gulf Wars, Kossovo,Afghanistan together with Tornadoes. Britain also developed a buddy refueling variant from retired airframes for Tornadoes. Australian TSR.2s saw action in the last stages of Vietnam War (with so great success that USAF considered to buy it also as F-112, but the order stopped by Congress. They had fund the F-111 and did not wanted to bury it for a foreign aircraft) and in recent years in Timor, while participated in exercises with Japan and South Korea.

Other "export" TSR.2 I have found are:

Italian (SEAD variant)
Japanese
Saudi Arabian (In my scenario Saudi Arabia received several second hand airframes from Britain, also Tornado)

P.S 1 I have not found South Korean TSR.2 in any What if Planes forum, but I can do it.
P.S 2 Although personally agree on using nuclear energy (electricity, RTG, medical etc) I am not fond of nuclear weapons.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 35 of 50  [ 495 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 133 34 35 36 3750 »

Jump to: