Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2397 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 16th, 2014, 5:16 pm
Eswube is very correct, Kattsun, there are many things that need correcting if you're looking to get it uploaded to the main site. First and foremost it needs to be on the Standard Template, which is this:

[ img ]

Second we have a coloring system that works rather well, as we've mentioned to multiple artists. Not that yours is bad, just we do have a standard for everyone to use and makes it easier to repaint for AU or whatnot.

And the connection between the wings and fuselage needs to either be black or a darker color associated with where it connects with the fuselage.

Again, as Eswube mentioned, it does look nice, keep up the good work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kattsun
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 17th, 2014, 4:20 am
The shading is necessary to properly show depth, shadow, and the gold's shininess. I can attempt to simplify it similar to other shiny objects (such as engine exhausts and reflective B-36), but this will take a while. I've since moved it to the proper template.

The Chinese people are not to be cowed by U.S. atomic blackmail. Our country has a population of 600 million and an area of 9.6 [million sq. km]. The United States cannot annihilate the Chinese nation with its small stack of atom bombs. Even if the U.S. atom bombs were so powerful that, when dropped on China, they would make a hole right through the earth, or even blow it up, that would hardly mean anything to the universe as a whole, though it might be a major event for the solar system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 9:18 pm
Kawasaki Ki-119
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 9:26 pm
Fantastic work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 24th, 2014, 12:14 am
Heinkel He P.1076
[ img ]

Inspired by the Heinkel He 100, this aircraft would have been one of the fastest piston engine fighters (at 746.606 km/h (463 mph)) had it been built.

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 24th, 2014, 7:37 am
Messerschmitt Me 262 HG. III
[ img ]

Complete for the most part, but I'm not quite sure where to place the decals on this one (if its needed).

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 24th, 2014, 8:40 am
Good job!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 25th, 2014, 3:32 am
Imperialist wrote:
but I'm not quite sure where to place the decals on this one (if its needed).
Well if nothing else you look up what actual -262s had.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 27th, 2014, 6:31 pm
Here`s one of the greatest planes that never flew: The Lockheed L-133. Considered well ahead of it`s time. It would have wiped the floor with the Me-262. It included several technologies that would`t be used until the 50s, such as an afterburner and wings that were blended into the hull. The USAAC, later USAAF did not see the need for such an advanced plane, and both the plane and the engine were not built. The engine was later redesigned and built as the Lockheed J37.

Anyway, here is the drawing in plane gray:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: February 28th, 2014, 4:12 am
From what I understand (which is limited) it basically uses the same aerodynamic data as the P-80 (i.e., it's basically a canard version - same wing, same NACA airfoil etc) and from what I can gather any and all statements about it being 'ahead of its time' is almost pure marketing BS perpetuated by the people who designed it. In fact I think it was just one of the developmental design studies leading up to the P-80.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2397 »

Jump to: