Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD Scale folder reorganization optionsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 6:02 pm
Cor blimey! Excellent work there TimothyC & Eswube I'm seriously impressed. Good job.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale folder reorganization optionsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 6:40 pm
Great to see it posted, even if in a temporary manner for a while.

In case anyone was curious:
"Museum" folders are for pictures I considered somewhat "outdated" by posting of newer drawings etc.;
"Ground" and "Air" folders have filenames in "name - user" system, with names without "user" being generic/blank drawings;
"FD Sea" folders have filenames generally trying to follow SB standard;
some particular filenames may seem odd, but I tried to make it "easily searchable" above everything else (second was "neat-ness" and wether the filename was exactly the same like the description on filename was less of concern, as long as it remained true to it in principle), so for example US military planes often have both pre-1962 and post-1962 names, often I was using manufacturer's designations (like "Grumman G-303 F-14 Tomcat" or "Avro 698 Vulcan" etc.), some stuff (mainly of the "export" kind) can be found rather under "original name" rather than end-user's name (for example Swedish Leopards 2 are under "L" for Leopard, not "S" for Strv-122, though both names are included in the filename). etc.
Version/sub-type markings (all those F-16A, Spitfire Mk.I etc.) I considered "drop-able" - they could be included, but didn't have to, if they would just add to the confusion, exp. in such situations like for example Kilomuse's series of Mirage III/5 fighters in colors of various countries.
Additionaly, when some manufacturer was using designations in Roman numerals and later switched to Arabic, I often used (somewhat anachronistically) only one (usually Arabic) numbers - that also applies to many British Mark numbers (esp. in the 1940-1948 period).
"Russia" is used for both Russia and Soviet Union, "Germany" for pre-1945, post-1945 and West Germany.
Also underscores ( " _ " ) are generally substituting " / " that couldn't be used for filenames.
Of course, things may change before "ultimate" version will be uploaded to main site, but that's up to Timothy.
And if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

And finally, I'd like to thank DG_Alpha for his great work as quality controller of my work, who tirelessly was checking for all typos, inconsistencies and other errors. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD Scale folder reorganization optionsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Looking good, looking rly good.

btw. why there is always t' before folder name ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: FD Scale folder reorganization optionsPosted: August 28th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Impressive work!
Congratulations!!!

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Hydro Mirage
Post subject: Posted: March 5th, 2014, 1:26 pm
my opinion what if you did it by country and divide the planes, vehicles, and armour into separate folders

Last edited by Hydro Mirage on March 31st, 2014, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hydro Mirage
Post subject: Posted: March 5th, 2014, 1:39 pm
and to add to what eswube said you can cut a lot of those unneeded variants of planes and tanks and such which will make it much easier to organize

Last edited by Hydro Mirage on March 31st, 2014, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD Scale folder reorganization optionsPosted: March 5th, 2014, 4:28 pm
eh?

[Profile] [Quote]
Fox
Post subject: Re: FD Scale folder reorganization optionsPosted: April 14th, 2016, 10:55 am
Have a search option with tags?

Should cut searching time drasticly

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: