Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1352 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 7th, 2014, 6:54 pm
@Nighthunter
Could You elaborate on that? My sources say: Extra Dark Sea Gray, Dark Slate Gray (plus Light Slate Gray on upper surfaces of lower wings, but these aren't visible here anyway) and on the lower surfaces either sky or light blue.

And here's the rest of the stuff related to Polish Wings in France.

Potez 63 was a family of French twin-engined combat aircraft designed in mid 1930s and entering service since 1938.

Potez 630 was a heavy fighter, delivered from May 1938 (production run of 86 planes). They were to be used both as day and night fighters, but their engines exhibited performance below expectations and they were relatively quickly removed from most operational units. Also, one or two P.630 fighters were bought by Switzerland.

France (Switzerland), Potez 630
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Potez 631 was also a heavy fighter but with somewhat better engines, delivered from August 1938 (production run of 208 planes). They were used mostly by night-fighter units. At least one P.631 was purchased by Yugoslavia.

France (Yugoslavia), Potez 631
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Potez 633 was a bomber variant of the family. 71 were built, although mostly for export as French Air Force decided against using two-seat bombers and had only limited number of these in operational training units. 20 were exported to Romania and 11 to Greece (additionaly Romania ordered 20 more, Greece 13 more and China 5, but these were never delivered).

France (Romania), Potez 633
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Potez 637 was a reconnaissance version, but it's crew arrangement wasn't considered particularly practical and eventually just 61 were built.

France, Potez 637
[ img ]
[ img ]

Potez 6311 (63.11) reconnaissance (army co-operation) plane was the most numerous member of the family with 776 produced. Numerous P.63.11's were captured by Luftwaffe and used in training units. Few were used in similar capacity in Regia Aeronautica. Romania bought from Vichy (or German) authorities 67 planes and Hungary 40 and both these countries used them as advanced and operational trainers.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by eswube on April 5th, 2014, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 7th, 2014, 7:15 pm
eswube wrote:
[ img ]
Thank you for these wonderful drawing.
The only (good) souvenir I have with my late father is making a Heller brand model of the night fighter Potez 631.

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 7th, 2014, 9:45 pm
Hello again!

With Indiajuliet's permission and help - a completely revamped Airbus A380-800. Only as a blank so far; maybe a coloured version will follow if I find one I like.

[ img ]

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 7th, 2014, 9:46 pm
These are excellent drawings eswube. Bravo :)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 8th, 2014, 12:38 am
Excellent work on all the recent entries in this thread!

As for that A380, not many liveries work on it but the Singapore Airlines and Qantas liveries are decent on it in my opinion. The Thai one is alright too (but not as good as their livery on the A340-500s!).

[Profile] [Quote]
Paladin127
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 8th, 2014, 1:12 am
Eswube- your talent is amazing! Truly marvelous work.

GD- that's a fine drawing of a big plane. :)

"Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose."

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 8th, 2014, 3:40 am
I completely concur. I never used to be interested in aircraft at all, but I find looking at these drawings extremely interesting.

Well done! All round!

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 8th, 2014, 8:20 am
Thank You for all comments!

@Garlicdesign
Fantastic work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 8th, 2014, 11:06 am
There have been some awesome work posted here this week.
The French aircraft are wonderful and the Gladiators are amazing too, the A380-800 just tops this off in massive style! I'm sure each engine is as long than the Gladiator!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 8th, 2014, 1:01 pm
Great work, eswube.

You have excelled yourself, GD! I'm glad I could help if only in a small way, she's turned out looking amazing.
Are you planning to do the A380-F or planned/rumoured (who knows!) stretch A380-900 too?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1352 »

Jump to: