Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 13  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: March 17th, 2014, 2:36 pm
Hello again!

When Germany and Spain agreed to chose the SCI Asarlai as their main strike fighter for most of the 21st century, replacing Tornado and F/A-18A, respectively, they also made a counter-trade agreement that required SCI to immediately finance several European defence projects which were starved for funds. One of these was the EADS Barracuda UAV, which was close to being cancelled after the 1st prototype's crash in 2006. Since they had a requirement for such an aircraft themselves, the Thiarians bought into it (unlike the EADS Mako, project lead remained with Germany), and by 2014, the project is alive, kicking and at the brink of series production, with six prototypes airborne and the testing programme nearly complete. The Thiarian armed forces have formulated a preliminarly requirement for 72 machines (48 to equip two recon squadrons of the Air Corps, 24 with carrier equipment to equip two recon half-flotillas for the navy); 24 of the land-based version are already firmly ordered, and deliveries are due to commence in 2016. Spain has placed orders for 12 units so far and Germany for 16, with more on option. Although mainly designed as a recon and intel-collector platform, the series machines will be fitted with four external hardpoints and can carry missiles such as the Brimstone (Spain), TRIGAT-ER (Germany - called MRS-LR - and Thiarian Air Corps) or Polyphem (Thiarian Navy), but also Hellfire if any additional customer should require this. A stretched version with more payload (1.800 kilograms, currently limited to 600 kilograms) is under development, but unlikely to appear before 2020.

EADS-SCI Barracuda
[ img ]

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: March 17th, 2014, 6:47 pm
I love Thiaria! Great job on the airline liveries and history!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: March 17th, 2014, 7:35 pm
Quite the looker, though I pity the poor smuck who has to maintain the paintjob.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: March 20th, 2014, 9:56 am
Good work GD, you've done a nice job of the Atlantach liveries and great Barracuda!

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: April 10th, 2014, 11:10 am
Hi GD,

Been reading through this while I should have been working, and I'm amazed yet again by the quality of the drawings.

However (as ever! ;)) I do have one point - in service, the Concorde carried a mostly-white livery to help with heat dissipation (well, absorption, I think, technically) - while there were some that carried a non-white livery, this actually affected service speed, if wiki is to be believed
Wikipedia wrote:
Concorde had livery restrictions; the majority of the surface had to be covered with a highly reflective white paint to avoid overheating the aluminium structure due to heating effects from supersonic flight at Mach 2. The white finish reduced the skin temperature by 6 to 11 degrees Celsius. In 1996, Air France briefly painted F-BTSD in a predominantly blue livery, with the exception of the wings, in a promotional deal with Pepsi. In this paint scheme, Air France were advised to remain at Mach 2 for no more than 20 minutes at a time, but there was no restriction at speeds under Mach 1.7
Would Aerlinai na h-Atlantach Deisceart not have come up with an alternative livery for this airliner?

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: April 11th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Hello apdsmith!

They would indeed, if their CEO and 100% owner - me - had the foggiest idea about the problem you just pointed out. Unfortunately, I had not, thanks for enlightening me. I'll come up with something more realistic. ;)

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Thiarian WingsPosted: May 11th, 2014, 7:18 pm
Hello again!

Concorde paintjob fixed. Took some experimentation to find a predominantly white one that did not look too much like Lufthansa.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 13  [ 127 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13

Jump to: