Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2152 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 8:43 pm
@Caddaric79
Fantastic work! :)

@Gollevainen
I tend to check the wingspan too when I have doubts. But sometimes the results can be even more "funny". :|

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 11:29 pm
Fairey Firefly
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 11:52 pm
Fricken Awesome!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 24th, 2014, 2:06 am
I love the Firefly T.1 and T.2, it looks like two planes that are...actually, I'll refrain from completing that thought.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 24th, 2014, 4:37 am
Lockheed L-1011-200 / L-1011-250:
[ img ]
[ img ]

Lockheed L-1011-500:
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by TimothyC on March 24th, 2014, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 24th, 2014, 7:38 am
Quote:
tend to check the wingspan too when I have doubts. But sometimes the results can be even more "funny".
naturally that method to work, the top-view and side-view needs to be in exact same scale, and its sometimes hard to confirm when the nose cone and the tail vanish into pixelised obscurity.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 24th, 2014, 7:57 am
@Radome
Great work with Fireflies!
Though personally I'd do "painted ones" separately or at least would add to them more exhaustive captions (formation, unit, year and the like). ;)

@Gollevainen
I had few occasions where both views were supposedly in the same scale (and were on the same sheet, next to each other), but after re-sizing it based on wingspan the length was completely different than given by any source. And I mean good-looking drawings from reputable sources. :lol:

And here's an addition to the most recent entry to the Polish Wings:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 31#p114831

(And of course, as always I invite everyone to check on Odysseus1980's Hellenic Wings thread:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 57#p114757 )

One of the most promising aircraft of its era, when first flown, Fairey Battle could out-run nearly any fighter in service at the time. However when the war came it was already outdated as a bomber and was a quite easy prey to German fighters, forcing it's relegation first to night bomber and later to auxiliary duties.

Great Britain (Canada, Australia, South Africa, Belgium, Turkey), Fairey Battle
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by eswube on April 5th, 2014, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 24th, 2014, 8:01 am
klagldsf wrote:
I love the Firefly T.1 and T.2, it looks like two planes that are...actually, I'll refrain from completing that thought.
Two planes that are...f.............lying together?

Excelent additions!

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 24th, 2014, 9:01 am
Quote:
I had few occasions where both views were supposedly in the same scale (and were on the same sheet, next to each other), but after re-sizing it based on wingspan the length was completely different than given by any source. And I mean good-looking drawings from reputable sources
angle of the drawing also affects this, if the two drawings are alligned to different bearings. But I agree, generally the scaling of planes seems to contain dark magic that one cannot fully master

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 24th, 2014, 2:44 pm
Tristar! :) love em, great work TJ

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2152 »

Jump to: