Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: July 28th, 2010, 12:42 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]
the 1923 modifications of the dante are now finished. any comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: July 28th, 2010, 1:11 pm
Any torpedo nets for the initial configuration ? (1912-1913...) :?:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: July 28th, 2010, 1:20 pm
there were some, but never found out where the exact position of them was. they also weren't shown on most pictures, and they were removed for sure in the 1923 rebuild.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: August 9th, 2010, 11:00 am
on the upload session, there is said that my Dante drawings aren't 'very well finished into shipbucket standards'. maybe it's my lack of experience with this kind of ships (or with sb drawing in general) , but I can't really find anything which I have done wrong... can somebody help me?

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: August 9th, 2010, 11:16 am
I guess that Gollevainen refers mainly to the "correct naming" of the ship and of the file.

This ship should have the prefix "BB" before its name on the drawing.

The files should be named

BB Dante Alighieri 1910 or BB Dante Alighieri 1913
BB Dante alighieri 1923

This ship was launched in 1910 but I would use 1913 because it was commissioned in that year (and so is like your drawing).

As general suggestion the filenaming is quite important in order to have an easy and common catalogation of the ships (and their files)

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: August 9th, 2010, 11:35 am
You should take a serious and deep look at some of the other Dreadnougth era BB's in Ship bucket like Gunship's Admirale lattore, DP's Viribus Unitis, My Jaime II and ALAVAMA's Nagato, and then compare the level of detail, finishing and the regal polish that every BB desreves of those drawings against yours.

You may find out that there is still lots and lots of work to be done.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: August 9th, 2010, 12:05 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
You should take a serious and deep look at some of the other Dreadnougth era BB's in Ship bucket like Gunship's Admirale lattore, DP's Viribus Unitis, My Jaime II and ALAVAMA's Nagato, and then compare the level of detail, finishing and the regal polish that every BB desreves of those drawings against yours.

You may find out that there is still lots and lots of work to be done.
the problem is that this ship has an rather simple design... but ok, I will take a look at it, and try to improve it more.... but I doubt there will be more to do at it.
Lazer_one wrote:
I guess that Gollevainen refers mainly to the "correct naming" of the ship and of the file.

This ship should have the prefix "BB" before its name on the drawing.

The files should be named

BB Dante Alighieri 1910 or BB Dante Alighieri 1913
BB Dante alighieri 1923

This ship was launched in 1910 but I would use 1913 because it was commissioned in that year (and so is like your drawing).

As general suggestion the filenaming is quite important in order to have an easy and common catalogation of the ships (and their files)
I understand that... the only reason why I didn't do that is because of the fact I mostly use deviantart, which names the drawings different... at the last upload session this was no problem, now it is, apperantly. I will use photobucket from now on for upload sessions.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: August 9th, 2010, 5:20 pm
Alvama helped me with improving the ship:[ img ]
this is only the 1923 version, the 1913 one will be coming soon
it's a pity this comment didn't came earlier, then it would maybe be on time to be placed in this upload session... but well, now I can't wait for the next :D

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: August 9th, 2010, 5:27 pm
I'm not sure, but shouldn't his name be in the credits? Or, was his help very minor?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dante Alighieri, the first Italian dreadnoughtPosted: August 9th, 2010, 5:40 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
I'm not sure, but shouldn't his name be in the credits? Or, was his help very minor?
the help was mainly by text, via msn. but even then, I asked him if he wanted credit for it... but naming him in the post was enough ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: