Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 7:01 pm
Hi Naixoterk,

I think it's worth repeating one of the points that Colo's made - this is an evaluation. As I understand it, if it turns out to be an unworkable disaster, it'll go back to the old thread structure, so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 7:06 pm
OK, given the feedback, I've decided to just move the original FD Scale Vehicles subforum to its current top-level spot.

I've also merged all the threads created in the new forums into the FD Scale Vehicles subforum. I will leave it up to the FD scale folks to decide how best to organize this new forum: if subforums are indeed requested, just let me know and I will create them. I have to agree with Naixoterk in that planes, tanks, etc are not comparable ships as there are just too many of them to keep track of.

I think the ideal FD organization should follow what we have for SB, but much less rigorous:

FD Scale Projects
- FD Scale (Real Designs)
- FD Scale (Alternate Universe)

Does this make sense to everyone? Can the delicate little unique snowflakes who post on our forum live with this?

edit: Thanks apdsmith for being reasonable and understanding that we were attempting to try out a new format for the good of the FD scale drawers, and not trying to "punish" them by having them create new threads for their designs... the persecution complex is, as always, hilariously entertaining to me but I think some of us need a dose of reality... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 7:35 pm
I hope that cooler heads can prevail over this. Guys, let's remember that this is our hobby and it's not life or death. I would hate to lose valued members and the great work they've been doing over something as silly as a thread re-organization. I think the new arrangement will end up being easier to handle for the future, as finding old drawings now is very difficult even with Google.

I like being able to click a thread and see all of Darth Panda's F-16s all on the same page, it makes finding that one type so much easier!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 7:43 pm
@Colosseum
Perhaps I acted too emotionally. I apologize for that.
Unfortunately, in regard to "stop being such a baby" or "drama queen" and having a dose of reality - I'm having too much reality in my life these days.

One of the main issues here was that it wasn't a suggestion for reorganization put forward. It was the reorganization done without warning (just explained it could be reverted - but not before some effort would be already put into the new arrangement). And as You admitted Yourself - not quite the most practical one to begin with (and I believe that was something that could have been expected from the beginning in this particular case).

As for "ceasing participation" - if the new arrangement were to remain, old sub-forum with its contents locked, and I were not to adapt, then it would largely happen by default, wouldn't it? ;)

Anyway, whatever the future will bring, I guess I need some time without SB. No posting of new stuff, no commenting, and preferably not even checking for what's new. For a week as the most absolute minimum. Which will be made easier by the "reality in my life". :roll:

Btw. - Colosseum - You worked for Your reputation (or "popular belief", as You put it) very hard and for a long time. ;)

With regards from little unique snowflake. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 8:38 pm
Well I apologize for getting worked up, but it was a bit annoying seeing folks respond to something that was designed to help the FD guys with such anger and drama. Truly, it's up to you guys to decide how the FD forum is organized. As an admin I'm here to hopefully make it easier. I do think we need to realize that this is a forum for posting mspaint drawings...thus such serious anger is never really warranted. ;)

As for my "reputation", well... take it or leave it, that's just how I am. I like to think of myself as a generally reasonable dude but I guess I'm not!

Anyway, I'm sorry for yelling at you but it just seemed like such an overreaction from the part of most of the members... I guess in retrospect, I should have made the OP more obviously state that this was a test rather than a "new format"... even though I did explicitly state that we were going to try this, and if it didn't work we would move back. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 9:42 pm
Time for me to speak up:

I like things to be organized. and how it looked this morning was just perfect, everything was sorted in separate section, making it more easy to find things, and so on. But how it looks now, it have become just an pile of junk, far worse than what it was before. almost like it's better to go back to the old system.

I relay loved how it was this morning... and if people complain on how it was (I think they complain more on that they had to open and close windows more often to see new drawings...) but what I one or two more click with the Mouse extra for that improved organization. everything was just clean, and it would/will solve all that problem of people not finding an specific drawing.

so to complainers that didn't like how it looked this morning, get used to it. Colosseum and Gollevainen have to think on other people that are just looking for an specific drawing. That is a part of what we are working for: "Giving people an chance to see ships/plains/tanks/trucks/etc. of the world in an 2D drawing"

so Colo, go back to how it was this morning, complainers ....

[Profile] [Quote]
LBraden
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 10:24 pm
heuhen wrote:
Time for me to speak up:

I like things to be organized. and how it looked this morning was just perfect, everything was sorted in separate section, making it more easy to find things, and so on. But how it looks now, it have become just an pile of junk, far worse than what it was before. almost like it's better to go back to the old system.

I relay loved how it was this morning... and if people complain on how it was (I think they complain more on that they had to open and close windows more often to see new drawings...) but what I one or two more click with the Mouse extra for that improved organization. everything was just clean, and it would/will solve all that problem of people not finding an specific drawing.

so to complainers that didn't like how it looked this morning, get used to it. Colosseum and Gollevainen have to think on other people that are just looking for an specific drawing. That is a part of what we are working for: "Giving people an chance to see ships/plains/tanks/trucks/etc. of the world in an 2D drawing"

so Colo, go back to how it was this morning, complainers ....
I have to agree, I preferred it when it was "Air, Ground, Boats, Trains, Tanks" ... etc, it was easy to navigate, the new way is navigable, but as you say, it's currently a jumble, and will end up, dare I say it, as the current FD scales, where it is just one long jumble of things.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 10:37 pm
While I can see the wisdom in combining "ground" and "armour", for instance, I do feel splitting out FD-scale aircraft and FD-scale boats was an improvement.

I guess, though, the important thing - what do the FD mods \ organisers feel about the re-org?

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 12th, 2014, 10:50 pm
apdsmith wrote:
While I can see the wisdom in combining "ground" and "armour", for instance, I do feel splitting out FD-scale aircraft and FD-scale boats was an improvement.

I guess, though, the important thing - what do the FD mods \ organisers feel about the re-org?
I agree with Ad here (There are no FD mods btw).

Colosseum,
I still think what you did with the separation of Air, ground, sea folders etc. was a good idea and should be reinstated. I'm pretty sure no-one would disagree with me on this. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: How to use these new FD scale subforums...Posted: May 13th, 2014, 12:36 am
The current method is definitely a jumble. If there's enough support (especially from the FD artists), I don't have a problem creating separate forums for the various types of vehicle. Then the FD artists could use those subforums as they see fit.

I would likely create something similar to what we had, leaving the overarching "FD Scale Vehicles" subforum as a repository for all the FD scale work previously posted. New topics can be posted wherever the artists think is best - but I would look to the "FD leaders" (people like DP, Eswube, Glorfindel, nighthunter, etc) to figure out a system that works well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: