Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 28th, 2014, 5:29 pm
Thanks Miho, Iv'e been looking for additional info about this one for days and found zilch. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 28th, 2014, 5:55 pm
Nice work Bombhead, I hadn't heard of this before :)
In a what-if world I could see Australia using one of these as a HMAS Melbourne replacement.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 28th, 2014, 6:51 pm
There's another thing. From the PDF, it's clear that one CIWS was housed in a cutout on the aft starboard side. But if you look at this picture closely, it looks like the second CIWS was actually on the sponson forward and to the side of the ski ramp!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 28th, 2014, 7:10 pm
Well spotted mate. ;) I think probably the best thing to do is finish this one off as is and then do another one using the drawing on the PDF. It did mention in the text that they used a liner hull, any idea which one ? I should think the lower hull would be a lot different to the Invincible type she now has.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 28th, 2014, 7:43 pm
No clue. I couldn't find anything but what we've got here. Just keep the hull as-is, I guess.Maybe a bit more of a taper towards the stern, but fatter in the middle. Or you can just look through the archives and select a hull htat might be appropriate.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: May 29th, 2014, 10:34 am
Also, just noticed: Your aft Goalkeeper doesn't actually have enough belowdeck room to house the magazine. You'd best move it out on a sponson.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: June 1st, 2014, 12:24 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: June 1st, 2014, 12:31 pm
the goalkeeper sponson is now only visible from one side. also, the SB decoy launcher on the top view is firing into the funnel. I also think the GK is to be recoloured? and why is that lighter band of grey in the middle of the funnel?

otherwise, looking great!

(also, I don't have time right now, but I will make an updated goalkeeper top view pretty soon, keep an eye open for an last update to this one :P )

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: June 1st, 2014, 1:42 pm
The ski jump needs a bit of work on the port side, it's partially on a sponson. Other than that, the Goalkeeper can be placed further forward. That's it really, a very nice ship indeed.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Vickers light fleet carrier proposal.Posted: June 1st, 2014, 2:05 pm
Thanks mates. Miho do you fancy making an updated Invincible :idea:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: