Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 518 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 11th, 2011, 8:52 pm
Indeed it looks like a work of love, a very fine work at that.
Seems it's belabouring the subject of the black outlines of doors, but it is the SB style, and should be adhered to.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 11th, 2011, 8:54 pm
Well I was going to do the Type 22s but this seems to have saved me the effort since the Batch III was done by MihoshiK.

Overall it looks damn good, the propellers need work as do the sonar domes. Black outlined doors are a must. All the radars should be the ones off the RN Parts Sheet, the ones used here are the one off MihoshiK's Type 22 Batch III.
There is a better Lynx and I've recently coloured a decent RN one, the Sea King likewise needs work too.

Overall though it gets 8/10 for being a fine peice of work of a damn fine looking British warship.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 11th, 2011, 9:16 pm
Ok, how 'bout this version? Will it be approved?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 11th, 2011, 9:43 pm
ok, Hood, give me the Lynx. I haven't seen it yet, but I sure can use it. As for the radars, I'm keeping them! The ones on the part sheet, just doesn't cut it! As for the props. What do you suggest? I've basically gone with Jecobin's drawings, and dockyard images. As for the domes? I think they are as they should be. Again, have been following official blueprints. So, unless you can show them in a better way... - But thanks for your 8 out of 10! That's high mark! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 12th, 2011, 8:05 am
I'll have to agree with Hood and Erik_T here, Hood's rendition looks closer to the real thing.
And I'm of course talking about this one, not the one on the original parts sheets

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 12th, 2011, 8:37 am
I think you can leave out the Merlin and Sea kings, but she is really very well done! beautiful!

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 12th, 2011, 10:15 am
I agree there is no need to show all three helicopter types.
The radars on the RN sheet are better in every way, I've made changes to all the radars you've shown here and all are on the RN Radar Sheet.
The sonar domes just look a little odd at the moment, the after one looks ok but probably needs a bit of work so the angles of the front and back sides match a little more. The forward dome just looks tacked on and too deep, its needs a curved rear line instead of those two straight lines joined together. The lines should be smother, shipbucket isn't just about tracing, you need to make it look good too!

Find attached my new Lynx which builds on the other more recent Lynx versions but with some UK specific changes.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 12th, 2011, 8:40 pm
I must somehow have lost my earlier reply on the recent posts. However, I am seriously considering all your kind advice. I'm currently working two double shifts, but I believe I can get to it Sunday evening or Monday. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to draw the Type 997/998 "mirror-wise" to reflect the opposite view of the ship, while pertaining to show it at the same angle both starboard and port. I do, however, agree that the Lynx is much nicer looking.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 12th, 2011, 8:51 pm
WOW.That Lynx on that ship that is the iceing on the cake.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type22sPosted: February 12th, 2011, 10:33 pm
Lemme just finish baking the cake, so we can have some icing;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 18  [ 173 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 518 »

Jump to: