Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 43 of 49  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page « 141 42 43 44 4549 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 23rd, 2014, 11:16 pm
Thank you :D Now I've completed the rest of the WIP's for this round, and I think Krakatoa and Hood each will find one badge amongst them which will have their speciel interest ;)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
P.S. I will upload them in templates later today 8-)

All relevant Coat of Arms

Last edited by KimWerner on April 16th, 2016, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 24th, 2014, 12:28 am
Thank you very much Kim, much appreciated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 24th, 2014, 7:50 am
Excellent work Kim.
I'll get the badge added to Resolution over the weekend. Might even manage a WW2 version of the drawing too!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 24th, 2014, 3:36 pm
There was also another badge for HMS Emerald
here is a WIP
[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 24th, 2014, 10:21 pm
Thanks :D Novice do you have any info's on that badge (tx was it the first or second badge and when was it in use)? Maybe Bombhead have some information on his cd from the Admiralty?
BTW the new badges are all uploaded on templates :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 24th, 2014, 11:34 pm
I believe that badge was for the cruiser HMS Emerald (shape of the badge is usually reserved to cruisers).
That is why I had started it, for HMS Emerald, which I was planning on doing.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 25th, 2014, 7:11 am
I've found "your" badge on the cover of the book 'The Irish Flagship' (The Story of HMS Emerald 1925 - 1948) by Geoffrey Haskins. That proofs the badge must in one or another way have been recognised, but the one I've drawn is drawn from an Admiralty drawing, so the question is, if the badge was changed underway in her carreer?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 25th, 2014, 10:57 am
Excellent additions (as usual)!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 25th, 2014, 4:01 pm
The badge I had started on, was also from Admiralty material, but now, after examining my sources, I now believe that the badge I drew was only a proposal, and not the one approved for the cruiser. I now think that you, Kim, drew the correct badge.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of Great BritainPosted: October 25th, 2014, 6:01 pm
I would have no problem with displaying both badges on HMS Emerald and marking them accordingly. Even a proposed 'Never Were" COA should have its place in the sun.

Nigel

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 43 of 49  [ 489 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 141 42 43 44 4549 »

Jump to: