Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1214 »
adenandy
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: September 7th, 2014, 11:32 pm
Very good indeed DG :!: VERY good :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: October 12th, 2014, 3:27 pm
I've waited long time for DG_Alpha to upload this badge for the Imperial Navy's SMS Berlin, but now I've hijacked it and upload it myself ;) BTW very nice badge though the bear seems a bit wolfish :D
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

Last edited by KimWerner on November 15th, 2016, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: October 14th, 2014, 7:04 pm
It does look a bit wolf-ish, down't it? It's taken from an older version of the city's COA that was the closest to the version on the ship.

Thanks for the addition. I'm a bit hesitant about uploading stuff, because I'm prone to errors, so I'm never sure if I missed a pixel or not.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: January 6th, 2015, 8:27 pm
It took a while, but here are my latest crests for Lübeck and München. I did the one for the post-WW2 Lübecks as well.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: January 6th, 2015, 9:59 pm
Great work DG 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: January 8th, 2015, 7:45 pm
Marvelous work on those badges, DG_Alpha!

I am currently updating my drawings of Panzerschiff "Graf Spee" and thought it would be nice to include a bigger CoA.
But, after some reasearch and browsing through different reference publicatons, I am wondering what the "official" CoA of the ship really looked like.

As of now I have found two different variants, of which I have attached an example drawing:

[ img ]
The majority of sources are showing the more simplified version on the left, while I have one book displaying the more elaborate one on the right.
So this one book left me wondering which one is correct and after looking at many pictures again, I came to no definite conclusion.

Interestingly, during her launching ceremony, the more intricate looking crest was apparently painted on her bow:
http://deutschland-class.dk/admiral_gra ... aunch.html
http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_di ... f_spee.htm

I know that the smaller insigina worn on her main battery turrets ("Scharnhorst" and "Gneisenau") were rather complex, showing full heraldistic family CoA's.
This might suggest, that the larger bow badge was also a bit more elaborate. (?)

Maybe someone has more information?

Thanks!
maomatic

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: January 18th, 2015, 5:24 pm
Fine badges DG :D I will uoloade them in the respective sites.

Maomatic, both of your badges could be correct. It depends in the interpretation of the fieds where the roosters are. If the pale blue represent silver, which white normally do, then both badges represent the same but made by two different artists :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: January 25th, 2015, 1:26 am
Now I have restored the first of the three German fleet badges (Kaiserliche Marine (The Imeperial Navy)) on page one, and both SMS Lübeck and München are now represented. Maomatic's badge for SMS Admiral Graf Spee is added on the already excisting template too :D

I'm still working on the other two fleets to be restored (plus a bunch of other fleets - which includes Royal Navy :( - so please have patience)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: January 25th, 2015, 4:18 pm
DONE :D This German thread (at least page one) is now both restored and updated too :D

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: January 25th, 2015, 4:37 pm
Well done for all the hard effort, would it be worth saving them to the main site as well next upload ? It would be a pity to lose such a collection of all the work involved.
JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1214 »

Jump to: