Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 14th, 2015, 8:45 am
Great work Adam, that's the bit I was meaning.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 14th, 2015, 9:20 am
of the shaddowing, my intention is not to be too strict on the method used, as long as its consistent one and used overally for the entire drawing. Both Adam and GraigH's examples would pass my screen.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 14th, 2015, 11:46 am
Great job, mates! I find it extremely interesting

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 14th, 2015, 1:19 pm
I'm very pleased and honored that my editing appears to find favor with the Community. Furthermore, I'm quite excited about the spur of activity that has arisen to make the Rules both more inclusive, comprehensive and easier to understand by the inclusion of these samples of very fine art work.
On a side note, if any of my drawings could serve as parts on on the whole as sample illustrations, whoever is doing those, may freely use and 'abuse' them!

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 15th, 2015, 12:18 am
Bezo, which are the oldest and least pleasing of your drawings? The ones that you now find embarrassing? :twisted:
CraigH

PS, I'll try to upload some more illustrations to address suggestions tonight or tomorrow.

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 15th, 2015, 5:24 am
HAHAHA! Never had I expected that kind of question! Well, I have to dig into the 'vault' to find them! I'm sure they still are there, somewhere!

When I find them, I'll direct you to them with a link.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 15th, 2015, 8:10 am
actually i recall that back when we were still a police state and had huge moderator army, we once thought of opening a thread of "our begining", and it propably still exist.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 15th, 2015, 1:12 pm
I tried to bring the hull shape shading into one image for clarity. if it has no place in here, I have a thread with another small tutorial where I can post it too, but I think it belongs here.
[ img ]
more, and the dedicated discussion, in this thread

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 15th, 2015, 1:34 pm
All tutorials are good, Overally your technique has nothing wrong in it, its good way to do things. Its only proplem is that it really does require quite good references, specially in terms like good pics of the ship (or a model) that shows the entire hull, or cross-sections from most of the frames. Naturally thats not possible to have from all ships, thus we cannot make this type of drawing the ultimate rule, since it would basicly mean, underwaterhulls to be offlimits in all cases except the ones mentioned above. Thats why I added into the rule the part about shading underwater hulls according to their real shape IF ONE KNOWS what he is doing. That means you can use this method (or other similar way) alongside with the more original SB method of underwater hull shading.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Shipbucket Style Rules and Standard - Draft 2015Posted: February 15th, 2015, 2:01 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
All tutorials are good, Overally your technique has nothing wrong in it, its good way to do things. Its only proplem is that it really does require quite good references, specially in terms like good pics of the ship (or a model) that shows the entire hull, or cross-sections from most of the frames. Naturally thats not possible to have from all ships, thus we cannot make this type of drawing the ultimate rule, since it would basicly mean, underwaterhulls to be offlimits in all cases except the ones mentioned above. Thats why I added into the rule the part about shading underwater hulls according to their real shape IF ONE KNOWS what he is doing. That means you can use this method (or other similar way) alongside with the more original SB method of underwater hull shading.
this is EXACTLY what I have in mind myself ;) if it is possible, I would even make it an rule to NOT do this kind of shading unless you know what you are doing for ships uploaded to the main site.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »

Jump to: