Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 13 of 50  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1550 »
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 19th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Today, i bring you another two Reggiane airplanes of the world war 2 both of which were a follow-on of the previously posted Re.2001.

Before starting i'd like to thank Eswube for his review on these ones.

The Reggiane Re.2002 was an Italian Fighter-Bomber of the world war 2. It was a development of the Re.2001CB. It was used by the Royal Italian Air Force (Regia Aeronautica) during less than a year. It was also used by the German Luftwaffe which used it against the French resistance's maquis.

It was nicknamed 'Ariete II' (Ram II)

It was powered by an air cooled Piaggio P.XIX R.C.45 engine and was armed with two Breda-SAFAT machine guns, a pair of them in the fuselage and another two in the wings. Being of 7,7mm the first ones and of 12,7mm the second ones.
It was also to carry a payload of up to 630Kg of bombs, two small ones underwings and a medium one under the fuselage.

Italy, Co-Belligerent Italy, Germany, Reggiane Re.2002 'Ariete II'

[ img ]
[ img ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reggiane Re.2003 was an Italian reconnaissance airplane which was a development of the Re.2002 Fighter-Bomber. It made it's maiden flight on June 1941 because it was intended to replace the already outdated IMAM Ro.37 which was also a two-seater. It was equipped with an onboard photographic camera and was powered by a Piaggio P. XI RC 40 Bis  engine although the Fiat A.74 RC.38 was intended originally.

200 of them were ordered but only one was produced because the Regia Aeronautica, at that time was more concentrated on defending the Italian aerial space from allied bombers.

In the end, it wouldn't have been a bad reconnaissance airplane.

Italy, Reggiane Re.2003

[ img ]

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 19th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Strangely enough I don't think I've ever heard about these aircraft before, good work Naixoterk :)

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 20th, 2015, 7:49 am
I'd never heard of the Re.2003 before.
Another excellent post!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 20th, 2015, 9:02 pm
Good work. :)

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 21st, 2015, 8:10 pm
Beechcraft CT-156 Harvard II - Canada
[ img ]

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II - Greece
[ img ]

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II - Iraq
[ img ]

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II - Israel
[ img ]

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II - Mexico
[ img ]

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II - Morocco
[ img ]

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II - New Zealand
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 21st, 2015, 8:38 pm
Hi ya DP,

EXCELLENT work there on the Beachcraft Aircraft :!:

DP, you may remember that some time ago you posted a whole raphe of liveried Phantoms and I ask if you were going to post any RAF and RN liveried air craft, to which, on February 20th, you replied “When I finish the Cobra's”. The Cobras have I believe been finished now, and several other aircraft since and I was wondering if we were any nearer to seeing the promised British Phantoms please?

With kind regards matey,

Andy.

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 22nd, 2015, 3:01 pm
adenandy wrote:
Hi ya DP,

EXCELLENT work there on the Beachcraft Aircraft :!:

DP, you may remember that some time ago you posted a whole raphe of liveried Phantoms and I ask if you were going to post any RAF and RN liveried air craft, to which, on February 20th, you replied “When I finish the Cobra's”. The Cobras have I believe been finished now, and several other aircraft since and I was wondering if we were any nearer to seeing the promised British Phantoms please?

With kind regards matey,

Andy.
Oh Dear, I totaly forgoten.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 22nd, 2015, 5:36 pm
Hawker Tempest:

Blanks:
[ img ]
Mk.I
A single Mk.I prototype was built fitted with a Napier Sabre IV engine and leading edge radiators. In its initial form it retained the framed car door style canopy and tail unit from the Hawker Typhoon, before being fitted with a bubble canopy and modified carburettor intake in its later form. Only one aircraft was produced due to issues regarding the Sabre IV, though the reduced drag from the wing mounted radiators meant that HM-599 was a very fast aircraft.

[ img ]
Mk.II
Two Mk.II prototypes were built, LA-602 with a Typhoon style tailfin, and LA-607 with the filleted tailfin that would be fitted to all production Tempests. Difficulties with the Bristol Centaurus engine meant that the Mk.II entered service after WW2 had finished, but they were planned to become part of Tiger Force and operate in the Pacific Theatre. Tests conducted found that the Mk.II was superior to the wartime Mk.V in every aspect aside from horizontal manoeuvrability.

[ img ]
Mk.V
A single Mk.V prototype was built, with a Typhoon style car door canopy and tailfin. The tailfin was later enlarged slightly, before a straight fin fillet was added. The first production batch of Mk.Vs were produced with the Tail construction similar to the Typhoon, long barrel 20mm cannons and five-spoke main wheels also from the Typhoon, among other small differences. Series II aircraft were built with a reinforced rear fuselage, short barrel 20mm cannons with the muzzles flush with the wing leading edge, and smaller four-spoke main wheels. In mid-late 1944 Rebecca transponder units were also fitted below the fuselage on the port side. Tempest NV-768 was fitted with a Sabre V engine and was modified with an annular radiator which generated less drag than the chin mounted position, and was also later fitted with a ducted spinner. The Mk.V Tempest was the major wartime variant and saw significant action intercepting V-1s and acting as fighter-bombers supporting the allied push towards Germany. The very high performance of the Tempest at low level enabled them to perform 'Rat Scrambles' where Tempests were scrambled whenever a Me-262 was reported airbone and intercepted the German jet when it was on approach for landing. Although very successful the practice was ceased when the Germans created 'flak lanes' of 20mm guns to cover the approaches resulting in the loss of seven Tempests.

[ img ]
Mk.VI
The first Mk.VI prototype was actually the Mk.V prototype modified with a bubble canopy, a Sabre V engine and various refinements from the development of the Mk.II. The new engine required a larger radiator which meant the oil cooler and carburettor air intake were displaced from their original position from the radiator's centre to the wing leading edges - similar to the Mk.II. Most of the Mk.VIs were tropicalised with an air filter being fitted below the fuselage, and a number of Mk.VIs from both 6 and 213 squadrons, alongside Spitfire FR18s from 208 squadron, were involved in a dogfight with Israeli Spitfire Mk.IXs after the Israeli aircraft bounced the RAF formation on 7th January 1949.

3 views:
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profiles:
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The Mk.III Tempest prototype - fitted with a Rolls-Royce Griffon IIB - was modified to become the prototype for the Hawker Fury (also known as the Tempest Light Fighter), and the Mk.IV prototype - fitted with a Griffon 61 - was cancelled before it could be built.

[Profile]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 22nd, 2015, 6:12 pm
Simply awesome :geek:
P.S: Will you do the Hawker Tornado as well?

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD scale aircrafts 11Posted: April 22nd, 2015, 8:36 pm
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 13 of 50  [ 499 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1550 »

Jump to: