Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 58  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1458 »
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 3:56 pm
Beautifullllll ship!Very nice work BB1987

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 4:22 pm
Awesome!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 4:44 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Amagi, Akagi, Takao and Atago.....
The Washington Naval Treaty, signed in February 1922, greatly reduced the tonnage allowed for capital ships in the signatory nations. The treaty also instituted a moratorium on new warship construction, but allowed both Japan and Koko to complete one warship over 35.000tons each that was currently under construction. Having no warships under construction to fullfill the allowances, Koko was ultimately allowed the transfer of one of the Capital ships under construction in Japan. With the IJN immediately choosing to complete Tosa as a battleship, Koko would have been granted one out of Kaga, Akagi or Amagi, as Takao and Atago were deemed not enough advanced to justify their completion..
Just days after the WNT ratification, a meeting between IJN and KnK Naval Staffs was called in Tokyo to dcide the fate of the three ships. As the IJN, unlike Koko no Kaigun, was also allowed to complete two capital ships under construction as Aircraft Carriers it was at least certain that all three would have been eventually built. At first members of the various Staffs were prone to complete Amagi and Akagi as carriers and to transfer Kaga to Koko no Kaigun upon completion, but the consideration of having the USN and the RN completing three and two 30+knot battlecruisers each ultimately led to the decision of granting Amagi to Koko. In August 1922 the deal was officially made, with construction on the Battlecruiser immediately restarted at Yokosuka.
I like but would you not have to name the ships in the WNT (and weights) or you run the risk of the IJN finishing Kii-class instead, I sure that the USN/RN will insist on specifics on what each side can build.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 5:50 pm
JSB wrote:
I like but would you not have to name the ships in the WNT (and weights) or you run the risk of the IJN finishing Kii-class instead, I sure that the USN/RN will insist on specifics on what each side can build.
But the Kiis are not elegible for completion even with the loopholes I've created in this WNT. Koko and Japan can finish one "overweight" capital ships each out of those already under construction, Kii and her sisters had not beign laid down yet so they cannot be built (*). Cant' we pretend that the ships I've mentioned by names for readers convenience were more "generically" mentioned in the treaty? The offical texts accompaining the retained warship lists on the OTL treaty says "ships which may be retained by X". I (or we) might assume that "Koko would have been granted one out of Kaga, Akagi or Amagi" I've written here would have appeared on the Treaty documents as "Koko may recieve one capital ship currently under construction in japan [etc.. reasons]" with no units explicitly named.

(*) the only change on other nations actual construction dates I've made affects the Royal Navy, with the first two G3s been laid down in October 1921 in order to fit the aforementioned requirements and allow their completion.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 8:02 pm
Sorry if you feel I'm nitpicking on a thread filled with such nice ships :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 20th, 2015, 8:12 pm
JSB wrote:
Sorry if you feel I'm nitpicking on a thread filled with such nice ships :mrgreen:
Naaah, I find your post beign more like constructive criticism than nitpicking, and I've nothing wrong with them :)

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 21st, 2015, 7:56 am
Excellent additions!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 23rd, 2015, 9:29 pm
Outdated

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on August 20th, 2021, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 24th, 2015, 12:20 am
Awesome!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: May 24th, 2015, 9:00 am
Another excellent AU design and a good backstory too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 58  [ 573 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1458 »

Jump to: