Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 4:12 pm
Im honored to tell you that now the FD scale folders in the mainsite have been finaly brougth up to date (or atleast to this month's situation). Eswube and I have been planning this rewamp for quite time now and after gigantic archiving work By Eswube, all the folders are now rearranged and renamed, as well as all files relabeled. It took some 6 hours from my life for upload them all and remove the old files and folders, but its now done.

Naturally there migth be errors and flaws included still, but Im sure we have enough detective to snoop them out, so if you find something worth of fixing, report them here. From now onward we like to upload them more reqularily, but the actuall method is still pending.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 5:34 pm
Well done, Golly and Eswube!

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 6:21 pm
Yes seconded, Nighthunter. What a massive job by both of you. Very well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 7:19 pm
Thanks for appreciation. :)

Now, few words about the current archive. General organization follows the previous (2013) upload - the FD Scale, the Carbucket, the Gunbucket and the Spacebucket (itself divided into AU stuff - generally from various movies etc. in various scales, as well as "real" stuff in SB and FD scale separately).
In the FD Scale there are folders for Air vehicles, Land vehicles, Ships and Trainbucket (which although being about "land vehicles", by tradition is considered separate category). Generally the content is sorted by name, alphabetically (by designation in case of land vehicles, by manufacturer in case of air vehicles), except for Ships which are sorted basically along the lines of SB-archive (only that whereas in SB archive the file name starts with hull code, here, because so far the number of files don't seem to warrant creation of country-specific sub-folders, the file names start with country name).
One change from the previous archive in the Air Vehicles folder is adding separate sub-folders for drones, gliders and missiles (the "big ones"). In case of drones and missiles it's because they are mostly known by their designations (all these MGM-13, RQ-1 and so on) so sorting them by manufacturer (which tend to be often relatively little-known) could make them harder to find.

Also, there's one thing that some of You might have noticed on their own, but I'd like to point it out by myself. Namely, a number of files have been "merged" to reduce their - already quite big - number. For example, there were initially 3 files with Potez 63.11 in French colors (pre-1940 France, Vichy and Free French) and now there's just one with all of them.
So I'd like to ask all of You to try to avoid unnecessary multiplication of files - if You can put two planes (two paint schemes) on one template - please do it. Not "at all costs" of course - I'm not asking for files with 100 B747's on them, but just try to look the part please. ;)
And one more thing: in case of aircraft, if You could try to sort the aircraft "by user" rather than "by variant" (for land vehicles "by variant" is ok).
So instead of "Spitfire Mk.1 - Great Britain, Spitfire Mk.1 - Poland, Spitfire Mk.2 - Great Britain...", try to "Spitfire - Great Britain, Spitfire - Poland..." and so on, with each file containing various models used by one country.
Of course, neither of these are "formal instructions" - just polite suggestions that would make Gollevainen's and my work bit easier and faster.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 8:01 pm
well was in the missile section..

http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Mi ... /Thumbs.db

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 8:14 pm
@Heuhen
Yes, we know about it. Technical glitch on Windows' part. :(
(these "thumbs.db" are not only in the missile section)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 8:23 pm
Can I get a link to the files you sent Golly for the Downloadable Shipbucket?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 19th, 2015, 8:46 pm
@TimothyC
PM sent.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 20th, 2015, 8:12 am
Is there to be a new post with the links please Timothy, or just an amendment to the old one?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD scale uploadPosted: June 20th, 2015, 9:14 am
Yea the thumbs. files are something that IE created when uploaded the new folders. Once im back on stable internets, ill see if the folders works without them as well. The folder structure is mostly eswube's creation, but we came to conclusion that its the most workable in terms of the wide variety of material.

Also, I adjoin the request for the future to make single files to complete different versions and users rather than seperate files, since the uploading with commoner's internet speeds is not that fast progress. Due the structure of the archiving, go for the way Eswube descriped. In short while we try to get some FD scale file name instructions posted here as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: