Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 11 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1351 »
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 5th, 2015, 6:48 am
Very nice Nestin to see your colorfull drawings.

Now some green again...

ISU-T
[ img ]

BTT-1
[ img ]

[Profile]
Nestin
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 5th, 2015, 8:38 am
Thanks Caddaric79, your wonderful sets of Soviet equipment with many variants, details and organization tables made me to start on my work. :)

[Profile]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 6th, 2015, 6:21 pm
Nice work Nestin and Caddaric!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 6th, 2015, 6:53 pm
great work on these russian tanks ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile]
Brian2170
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 7th, 2015, 5:15 am
I've just recently done a 'stretch job' of the C-130J to produce a C-130J-30. Anybody wanna see it here?

[Profile]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 7th, 2015, 6:13 am
Well of course, but you might want to post in the FD Scale Aircraft 11 thread, instead of the land vehicles thread ;) .

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile]
Oberon_706
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 7th, 2015, 8:01 am
nighthunter wrote:
So after doing some research, I found that DP's Sherman Firefly's were not done correctly. His Firefly VC is not correctly based off of the Sherman V (M4A4) which is a longer hull. Also there are two types of Firefly IC, one with the welded hull and one with a hybrid welded and cast hull. There were also several minor errors with 99problem's Firefly VC and were thus corrected.

Sherman Firefly ICs:
[ img ]

Sherman Firefly VC:
[ img ]
Thanks for putting these up NightHunter. One question... What's going on with the muzzle brake on your Firefly 17pdr, looks out of proportion

I've come to the conclusion that we need to recommend a proportional guideline for tank guns in FD scale so that they represent correctly (tank guns are one of those things for which pixel art is not suited. For my contributions thus far, with some exceptions, I have drawn 37-80mm weapons as three pixels thick (including the black outlines); 85/90-105mm weapon as four pixels,up to 120/125mm as five pixels and so on. This seems to work for me.

Happy to hear others thoughts on the matter.

[ img ]

DCFI (Falkland Islands) AU Nation

[Profile]
Oberon_706
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 7th, 2015, 2:27 pm
As an example of what I was talking about in the previous post, I whipped up my own version of the Hybrid Hull Firefly.

[ img ]

Please note that no crediting is needed on this one as it is a completely original effort - no stealing of bits required.

[ img ]

DCFI (Falkland Islands) AU Nation

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 7th, 2015, 5:27 pm
Oberon, as you have only posted 147 times (at this point), I am going to let the phrase "stealing of bits" slide, or not. Darth Panda is one of our esteemed members and is proud when some of his creations get reworked. And here, we "borrow parts", "stealing" implies using parts without proper credit, and I, sir, am no thief.

Now, to real business, as to your "method" while it may look right and work for you, I however prefer my 75mm-105mm in 4 pixel depth, my 37mm-70mm in 3 pixel depth and so-on. In my opinion, 75mm & 76mm guns look far too tiny in 3 pixels.

I completely agree that the muzzle brake looks disproportionate, and have edited it to reflect that. And matched it to actual photos of both of the Sherman Firefly IC & VC tanks.

[ img ]

[ img ]
On a side note, I could swear someone did the Sherman M-50 & M-51...

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Vehicles 8Posted: August 7th, 2015, 7:22 pm
Fantastic additions!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 11 of 51  [ 503 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1351 »

Jump to: