Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
Rodondo
Post subject: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 10:23 am
Whilst high def photos of the RAN ships are easy to come by, sadly the RN sisters are generally very blurry of cluttered with other objects that make seeing details impossible. Hence after a week of searching, I am biting the bullet and asking here.

Any source/reference materials would be greatly appreciated

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 11:30 am
I have a profile, and 4 pages of photos from Ross Gilletts book, Aussie an NZ Warships 1914-1945 that I can scan for you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 11:34 am
Ah my hero once again !!

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 11:39 am
I will have to put that computer and scanner together tomorrow then. I have not had it together since we moved to this house a year ago.

I am still waiting for the Aussie 'N's to make an appearance?

Could be worth an investment?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUSTRALIAN-N ... SwFNZW1KvJ

That is cheap - I paid NZ$50 for my copy

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 11:46 am
Yeah might be indeed. My local library had that book but they stopped stocking it a few years back. It's more of the Royal navy side of things that is missing though, the RAN website is very impressive when it comes to images, weirdly HD for a lot of them, suspicious almost

The RAN "N"s are done and I kid you not I was dividing them into their separate templates just before

Last edited by Rodondo on March 1st, 2016, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 11:48 am
Great minds think alike :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 11:49 am
I will scan those pages for you tomorrow, which will get you underway.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Request for Acheron/I Class Destroyer 1910 materialsPosted: March 1st, 2016, 12:14 pm
Thanks Nigel, no rush I'll have to wait till Thursday to make a start but again many thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: