Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
zagoreni010
Post subject: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 18th, 2016, 10:51 am
So this is one of my work i did few months ago for my page on Deviant, now i may screw the template or not, i didnt want to add Country because NovaTech is a coorporation that makes offensive and defensive military technologies, tanks, armored vehicles, and from couple years ago even a subs. Although it it stationed in US, it have its centres in Germany and Japan.

So i add only thing i find (il do entire line of products from this AU Coorporation (since do not exist in this one, although it could be incorporated),

so here are the basic informations:
Vessel Type: Fast Attack Costal Submarine
Builder: NovaTech - Naval Division
Introduced 1999 - Enter service 2001 (with Uruguvay Navy)
Price: $260 milion
Length: 50 meters
Beam: 6.5 meters
Propulsion: Disel-electric, fuel cell
Max deepth: 245 meters (hull can survive up to 270 meters for a short time)
Speed: 14 knots (surfaced), 23 knots (submerged)
Crew: 7-14 plus accommodation for 9 troops

Armament: 4 bow 21'' torpedo tubes - ASW and ASuW torpedoes
2 aft 21'' torpedo tubes
Electronic warfare - jammer
Highly resistant - anti sonar rubber skin on the hull

FAS50 is the first submarine built by NovaTech. It was created for costal defenses. Although submarine was reviewed by several navies only four boats were built. Two for Uruguay navy and two for Nigerian navy.

Uruguvay Navy:

S1 Mateo - commissioned in 2001 - active
S2 Sosa - commissioned in 2001 - active

Nigerian Navy

SSK-05 Aikhomu - commissioned in 2002 - active
SSK-06 Elgbede - commissioned in 2003 - active

[ img ]

I apologize if sub looks funny, it was a simply project at the time, i didnt think il ever finish it or continue it, although i eventually did finish it, now it may not be best sub around here, but i like her, most definitly there will be more, again my skills for subs and surface ships were well on the level of a noob so sry again,

Last edited by zagoreni010 on March 19th, 2016, 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 18th, 2016, 10:53 am
Vessel Type: Fast Attack Submarine
Introduced: 2004 - enter service 2006 (with Venezuelan navy)
Length: 65 meters
Beam: 6.5 meters
Propulsion: Disel-electric, fuel cell
Max deepth: 250 meters (hull can survive up to 272 meters for a short time)
Speed: 15 knots (surfaced), 26 knots (submerged)
Crew: 22 plus accommodation for 9 troops

Armament: 6 bow 21'' torpedo tubes - ASW and ASuW torpedoes
2 aft 21'' torpedo tubes
4x Vertical missile launchers for Anti-ship, anti-air missiles
Can carry from 4 to 12 mines (denepding on configuration)
Highly resistant - anti sonar rubber skin on the hull

Unlike its predcessor the FAS50, FAS65 is far more capable submarine. It is in range with modern submarines of same class like Type 212-214 and others.FAS65 is also designed to easier land on the seas bottom. One unique design is that its main sensor-sonar is not located on nose as with most subs is, it is located benith the bow, allowing it full 360 coverage.

Several navies that were replacing or enlarging its submarine fleets were interested in this class due its capabilities and price. Price is probably the thing that move countries to order it, because one sub cost 300mil$.

Venezuelan Navy: 2 boats
VN order two FAS65 to increase its submarine fleet from two to four.

S-33 Rasbora - commissioned in 2006 - active
S-44 Tilapia - commissioned in 2007 - active

Mexican navy: 6 boats
MN manage to improve its military budget and starting to finally modernize its navy. With exception of several new surface ships, Meixcan government decide to buy six smaller (50-70m) submarine in order to increase safety of its borders and also to easier hunt drug dealers.

S05 Veracruz - commissioned in 2007 - active
S06 Tamaulpas - commissioned in 2007 - active
S07 Guerrero - commissioned in 2008 - active
S08 Sinaloa - commissioned in 2009 - run aground, under repairs
S09 Yucatan - commissioned in 2009 - active
S10 Nuevo Leon - commissioned in 2011 - active

South Africa: 4 boats
SAN order two new submarines to increase its submarine fleet, two additional FAS65 were on ordered.

Batch I
S104 Emily Hobhouse - commissioned in 2009 - active
S105 Helen Jospeh - comissioned in 2010 - active
Batch II (ordered in 2010)
S106 Molly Blackburn - commissioned in 2012 - active
S107 Aubrey Mokoape - commissioned in 2012 - active

New Zeeland: 2 boats

S01 - Maori - commissioned in 2012 - active
S02 - Kuparu - commissioned in 2013 - active

In 2016 Turkey become the last country to order FAS65 before the class is discontinued from market in favour of FAS72.

Turkey order six FAS65 that would replace the six oldest Type 209 submarine on top of this two additional FAS90 submarines were ordered.

Five of six FAS65 were to be built on Turkish shipyards and some of equipment on board is Turkish in origin, first submarine as well the two FAS90 were to be built by NovaTech German division(yard).

Batch I (FAS65)
TCG Saros S-363 - built by NovaTech in 2018, commissioned in 2018 - active
TCG Gerence S-364 - (this and remaining four subs built in Turkey) - commissioned in 2019 - active
TCG Marmaris S-365 - commissioned in 2019 - active
TCG Gemlik - S-366 - commissioned in 2020 - active
TCG Kusadasi - S367 - under construction, to be delivered and commissioned in 2021
TCG Hisaronu S-368 - under construction, to be delieverd and commissioned in 2022

Batch II (belongs to FAS90)
TCG Antalya S-369 - construction start in 2022, to be commissioned in 2024
TCG Iskenderun S-370 - construction start in 2022, to be commissioned in 2024

This isn't the only purchase of new submarines as Turkey also buyed two German Type 214s between 2015-2017.

In total 20 FAS65 were ordered and built before this type is discontinued.

[ img ]

Last edited by zagoreni010 on March 23rd, 2016, 4:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 18th, 2016, 3:04 pm
First sub is fine. It only looks a little fat.

Second sub reminds me of an aborted American project for Taiwan.

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 19th, 2016, 10:40 am
FAS72 series

FAS72

Introduced: 2011 - enter service 2014 (with Singapore navy)
Price: $375 million (FAS 72), $380 million (FAS 72/75), $410 million (FAS 75/72)
Length: 72 meters (FAS 72 and FAS 72/75), 75 meters (FAS 75/72)
Beam: 7 meters
Propulsion: Disel-electric, fuel cells
Max deepth: 250 meters (hull can survive up to 272 meters for a short time) for FAS 72 and 72/75, 362 meters (hull can survive up to 390 meters) for FAS 75/72
Speed: 15 knots (surfaced), 28 knots (submerged)
Crew: 22 plus accommodation for 9 troops

Armament: 10 bow 21'' torpedo tubes - ASW and ASuW torpedoes
2 aft 21'' torpedo tubes
8x Vertical missile launchers for Anti-ship, anti-air missiles
Can carry from 4 to 12 mines (denepding on configuration)
Highly resistant - anti sonar rubber skin on the hull, triple hull (FAS75/72)

FAS72 is first of its series of three boats the standard FAS72, enhanced 72/75 and slightly enlarged vairant of 72/75 the 75/72.

First or the standard variant is basicly enlarged FAS65 although the hull is changed a bit inluding the bow section. The radar-sonar dome is slightly larger and is still located benith the bow allowing more space for torpedoes. Con tower remain the same slightly enlarged. FAS72 have eight vertical missile launchers behind the con tower in two rows (three in each), each of this launchers can launch two AA-SideSwinger anti-air missile or single AS Styx anti-ship missile. Launchers have so called the roll bar, each bar can hold two of the smaller AA missiles or single larger anti-ship missile and it is equiped additional set of missiles benith it which automaticly reload once the ones in launchers were fired. It is usually set four of the launchers to hold AA missiles and four anti-ship missiles, crew can manually replace missiles if need.

FAS72 max deepth is the same as taht of FAS65 while only speed is slightly improved.

FAS72/75 is improved variant of FAS72. It came with new con tower which is similar to that of German Type 214. Its larger then the tower on FAS72. With exception of this everything else remains the same. The new con tower have more storage room for vital equipment, including AA radar and 3d imager that connects sensors on the hull.

FAS75/72 is slightly enlarged variant of 72/75. It carries mostly the same equipment and armament as the 72 and 72/75 however there is few improvements. First of course as it name says it is 75 meters long. Max deepth is increased from 250 to 362 meters (although hull now can survive up to 390 meters), thanks to enhanced triple hull which is of the same thinkcness as standard dual hull on German submarines.
Its radar-sonar system is also improved although this can also be installed on any other sub of this series. The new system have additional high preasured sensors that can create so call 2D-3D picture around the sub allowing the crew to see better what is around them. Like with rest of FAS65 and FAS72 subs it is highly automatized which means it doesnt need larger crew as small crew can do exactly the same job of the larger one. And also 75/72 have even more quit engines which with all ready quit engines makes her almost invinsible.

Orders and operators:

Singapore navy order four FAS72 submarines as replacement for the older Challenger class submarines in service, later three additional FAS75/72 were ordered as replacement for Archer class.
Batch I (FAS72)
RSS Indomitable - commissioned in 2014 - active
RSS Inverness - commissioned in 2015 - active
RSS Inflexible - commissioned in 2015 - active
RSS Inexorable - commissioned in 2017 - active
Batch II (FAS75/72)
RSS Irresistible - commissioned in 2017 - active
RSS Integrity - under construction, to be delivered and commissioned in 2021
RSS Indenfatigable - under construction, to be delivered and commmissioned in 2021
RSS (to be named) - planned
RSS (to be named) - planned

In 2018 Singapore sign a deal for two additional FAS72 submarines, these two subs are to be delievered and commissioned between 2023-2024

Indonesian navy order originally four FAS72 but later added two additional FAS75/72 submarines as part of its large naval modernization.
Batch I (FAS72)
406 Kendari - commissioned in 2016 - active
407 Mamuju - commissioned in 2016 - active
408 Gorontalo - commissioned in 2017 - active
409 Ambon - commissioned in 2018 - active
Batch II(FAS75/72)
410 Mandao - commisioned in 2019 - active
411 Bengkulu - under construction , to be delivered and commissioned in 2021

Thailand navy orders two FAS72 submarines, to inscrease its naval capabilities due Chinese expansion in South Chinese sea.

SSK-10 Prince Abhakara Kirativongse - commissioned in 2019 - active
SSK-11 Admiral Amorn Sirigaya - under construction, to be delivered and commissioned in 2020

Portugal navy order four submarines, two FAS72/75 and two FAS75/72
Batch I (FAS72/75)
S162 Otaria - commissioned in 2016 - active
S163 Barracuda - commissioned in 2019 - active
Batch II (FAS75/72)
S164 Cachalote - under construction, to be delivered and commissioned in 2022
S165 Cavala - construction to start in 2020, finished and delivered by late 2022 and commissioned early in 2023

Nigerian navy which already operates two FAS50s order single FAS75/72

SSK-07 Aduwo - under construction, to be delivered and commmissioned in 2021

Turkish navy was also in talks about ordering several of the FAS72 series submarines to booster its submarine fleet and replace six oldest 209/1200 (Atilay class) with six FAS72 and two FAS90 submarines.

In total from 2011 to 2020 there was 22 FAS72 series ordered, from those 13 are in service, 6 were under construction and two were planned.

[ img ]

Last edited by zagoreni010 on March 19th, 2016, 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 19th, 2016, 1:30 pm
Love the series

The Turks and Indonesia (at least) would probably request some sort of co-production agreement based on other orders. In the case of Turkey they would also probably use some ASLEAN-developed systems; also AKYA high-speed torpedoes, their future SLCMs, etc.

Noting Tobias' comment, Taiwan could also be a customer...

Payment from Nigeria could be a challenge, and this is a pretty large order for South Africa that has trouble manning its existing ships. Unless, of course, the old South African republic is still intact.

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 19th, 2016, 1:43 pm
seeker36340 wrote:
Love the series

The Turks and Indonesia (at least) would probably request some sort of co-production agreement based on other orders. In the case of Turkey they would also probably use some ASLEAN-developed systems; also AKYA high-speed torpedoes, their future SLCMs, etc.

Noting Tobias' comment, Taiwan could also be a customer...

Payment from Nigeria could be a challenge, and this is a pretty large order for South Africa that has trouble manning its existing ships. Unless, of course, the old South African republic is still intact.
I did base this on AU so of course things could be different. Payment options for South Africa to ease payment, Nigeria which could boost its economy on that point where it can afford itself a submarine. For example many Asian navies are currently in process of replacing their obsolete ships with new ones, and with Chinese expansion many of those countries wish tho have at least some new ships and subs in case of need.

There is one last boat in the FAS series the FAS90, as name said it will be 90m fast attack submarine, the most advanced of entire line and most expensive one. So i do plan to add Turkey as one of its buyers since Turkey is in position to buy more expensive stuff then some other countries, and as you point, some of equipment on board those subs may be built in Turkey as well boats itself. NovaTech have shipyards in US,Germany and Japan, this is the reason why they can built so many boats so fast. But Turkey would probably be the first country localy build their subs. Glad that you like them.
They may not be detailed or good as some other work here but i am doing best with my limited ship-sub drawing skills:):), thanks again,

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 19th, 2016, 3:57 pm
The Akya torpedo is based in large part on current ROK navy technology. The ROKs in turn developed their white shark and blue shark torpedo technologies in large part on reverse engineered German Seahake torpedoes which came with the German submarines they acquired and now build RTL.

This Turkish fish is so new that there is confusion about it, but if it is a comparable or licensed copy of the ROK fish, then we can make some guesses as to its capabilities.

We might begin with this (from DEAGAL):
Quote:
Description: The White Shark is a heavyweight torpedo deployed from attack submarines to hit surface ships and submarines in both shallow and blue waters. The Korean Agency for Defense Development and LIG Nex1 carried out its development in the 1990s on behalf of the Republic of Korea Navy (RoKN). It homing head features long-range active and passive acoustic search modes that enables the torpedo to remain in standby mode seeking for targets to lock on following its programmed course and depth. The same homing head has been designed to provide high resistance against countermeasures deployed by both surface ships and submarines. Besides, it can deal with multiple targets. The torpedo's guidance is also based on the inertial navigation system (INS) and is fitted with both proximity and impact fuzes. The White Shark's electric motor is fed by a AgO-ZN battery driving a low noise counter rotating motor and pump-jet propulsion system. The new torpedo is compatible with Type 209, Type 214 and KSS-III conventional attack submarines operated or projected by the RoKN.
I've seen photos of the AKYA. It is most peculiar in its external appearance. It does not use a pump jet propulsor at all, but rather a contra-screw setup similar to a German DM2A1. Also its nose tends to follow German rounded nose practice with a passive acoustic seeker cap; that is neither ROK nor American style blunt flat nosed sonar window screen practice, which confuses me about the claimed guidance setup for the Turkish fish being claimed.

Does anyone have better information on this torpedo?
-------------------------------------------------

Another question for zagoreni010, will the FAS series continue to use the "x" tail control or will some "+" tail control models be featured? Love the series presented and the backstory.

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 19th, 2016, 7:52 pm
All submarines in FAS series have X control.

Introduced: 2019 - enter service 2024 (with Turkish navy)
Price: $490 million without hydrodynamic engine, with HDE and several other highly advanced technologies price rise up to $760 million
Length: 90 meters
Beam: 8.5 meters
Propulsion: New generation of disel-electric engine, fuel cells, hydrodynamic engine (as option)
Max deepth: 900 meters (hull can survive up to 990 meters for a short time)
Speed: 21 knots (surfaced), 35 knots (submerged), hydrodynamic engine can increase to 50 knots on submerged run)
Crew: 25-30 plus accommodation for 10 soliders

Armament: 10x bow 21'' torpedo tubes - ASW and ASuW torpedoes
4x aft 21'' torpedo tubes
8x VLS for Anti-ship, anti-air missiles
4x VLS for cruise missiles
Can carry from 10-20 mines (depending on configuration)
Highly resistant - anti sonar rubber skin on the hull,
Newly designed submarine Adamantium preasured hull (dual) which allows submarine to dive up to 770 meters deepth.

FAS90 or as originally nicknamed FAS90 Ocean Dragon was originally suppose to be presented at same time with FAS72 series, however due technical problems still needed to solve, class was postponed. In 2019 NovaTech finally presented it. At the time of presentation FAS90 Ocean Dragon was the most advanced attack submarine in the world and most dangerous one.
Submarine was heavily armed for itse size with ten foward(bow) torpedo tubes and four aft torpedo tubes, eight VLS for AA(anti-air) and AS (anti-ship) missiles and four VLS for cruise missiles.

NovaTech completley redesign the diesel-electric engines and fuel cells that predcessor FAS submarines used, improving the new engines by 25%. On top of that a newly designed Hydrodynamic engine was also presented, engine that become popular in movie "The Hunt for Red October" but in reality, it was to costly to design and many nations including US,Russia and others use more conventional engines with improved hull skin for detection. Although both US and Russia work on this engine, it was never really tested. NovaTech take a massive risk and invest huge amount of money and resouces in developing it. Although originally created for larger (120-150m) submarine FAS90 was perfect candidate for testing. NovaTech own FAS90 submarine pass all expectations with this new revolutionary engine, that makes submarine (in conjuction with advanced anti-sonar skin) invinsible, however for a period of a ten hours when the drive need to recharge itself. This was created intentionally. Nevertheless even with this new engine was far more superior then any other, it spend less fuel as it using sea water or any other type of fuel, and then directing it by magnetic field.
Many others who test this engines find it highly impracical and costly, this is the main reason why others stop their reaserch.

But NT risk makes profit, the engines work perfectly but it also rise the cost of submarine for thirty percent.

Its hull was also different in many ways from way how is built to material. The hull is created from several different materials fused together into one new armored hull called Adamantium. Nt believed that new armored pressured hull is needed for military submarines to achive bigger deepths then before. There is no informations about the hull itself however what is known is that entire submarine was created from three parts. front and aft hull fused together and the con tower this construction technic makes submarine faster to built and costing less for manufacturer.

FAS90 has state of art sensors all around the hull and conning tower, 3D imagers that were introduced in previous subs, advanced propeller heavily shielded which decrease already low noise of the propeller. Cameras, located on several locations on the sub in small highly preasured bubbles that allows crew to see outside. New generation of sonar and sensors.

Interesting part is that FAS90 have improved reloading system. It have fast autoloader for its torpedoes and each FAS90 can carry up to Twenty eight torpedoes, which allows two full salvos for both foward and aft torpedo tubes. It can carry twenty four AA-AS missiles with twelve always located in VLS's and eight cruise missiles. If necessary it can carry twenty mines tops. It also have small towing torpedo that can be launch from special tube. And small UAV that can be assembled by crew and launch once sub is on surface.

FAS90 have advanced acoustic countermeasures, and ECM, which can either trick the incoming torpedo or disabling anti-submarine missile.

Many were sceptical when this submarine was introduced, believing that this sub have to many advanced technologies packed in small hull, however 90m is not small, it is comparing to ballistic submarines that range from 120-180m but FAS90 is not created to be massive like those subs, it was crated to kill those submarines as well other attack submarines. It was created to operate in blue waters as well shallow-costal waters. It small crew of 25-30 can operate benith the waves for 90 days (if fully supplied).

FAS90 Ocean Dragon was the last from FAS series (although originally FAS95 and FAS100 were also been planned) and NovaTech wanted to go out in the style. Reason why stopping with FAS development was that NT also design larger 100-150m subs and also design patrol boats, OPVs and crovettes and frigates. And it is belief that existing submarines like FAS65(although it is currently removed from market, however if some country still wants this type it could be constructed), FAS72 series which is the main ace for NT and the higly advanced and expensive FAS90.

Operators:

Turkey - Orders two boats in 2019, shortly after FAS90. However first sub was to be delivered five years later in early 2024, Turkey agreed with this, becuase it still needed few bugs to be fixed and NovaTech never release any new technology if is not near perfection. Knowing for NT products quality, it is not suprised that Turkey and other countries decide wait few years before first orders were delievered.

TCG Antalya S-369 - construction start in 2022, to be commissioned in 2024
TCG Iskenderun S-370 - construction start in 2022, to be commissioned in 2024
Although if everything goes well, the first sub may even start with construction in 2021 and delivered and commissioned in 2022. Both submarines were without hydrodynamic engine.

From 2019-2021 there were several countries interested in the new submarine, however no real orders,
Vietnam - Was the first in 2021 to order single FAS90, which was to be delievered in 2024.

Italy: Although it was believed that Italy will order additional Type 212 submarines, Italian navy decided to buy four FAS90 submarines, one with hydrodynamic engine.

Australia: Australia ordered six Soryu class submarines from Japan in 2017, at least four of them were in service by 2022. In 2022 Australian government annouce that they make deal with NT in purchasing of two FAC90 submarines both with conventional engines.

Taiwan - In 2022 shortly after Australia order of FAC90, Taiwan decide to buy one FAC90 without hydrodynamic engine. By the 2024 when first two subs were launched (Turkey), there were total of 10 FAC90 submarines ordered, with two of them in delivery and eight under construction, only one Italian was to be built with Hydrodynamic engine. United States and Russia try to buy the engine from the NT, but NT refuse.

Several countries like Egypt, Sweden, Denmark and even Brazil were interested to buy FAC90. The Ocean Dragon while not numerious like its predcessors the FAC65 and 72 will still roar benith the seas.

[ img ]

Last edited by zagoreni010 on March 23rd, 2016, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 20th, 2016, 6:05 am
Nice work on the submarines!

[Profile] [Quote]
zagoreni010
Post subject: Re: Fast Attack SubmarinesPosted: March 20th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Judah14 wrote:
Nice work on the submarines!
Thank you

Howaldswerke-Deutsche Werft (part of ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems from 2005) have almost two hundred years of experience in ship building and over eighty years in submarine construction. It built U-boats during both WWI and WWII. After the WWII it was one of shipyards that was not dismantled and remain active building civilian ships. Type 201 become first submarine built for German navy after the WWII, follow by the sucessfull Type 205 and Type 206. Most sucessfull submarine become the Type 209 which enter service in 1971 (first operator become Hellenic navy - which buy four Type 209/1100 - under the name Glavakos class). Sixty one Type 209 were built in five different subtypes (209/1100, 209/1200, 209/1300, 209/1400 and 209/1500 - two additional subtypes 209/1600 and 209/1700 were proposed but never built). Production of this class was almost forty years old with South African Heroine (modified 209/1400) S103 Queen Modjaji I been the last boat built (2008). It was without dobut most sucessful non nuclear submarine in modern times.

Type 212 - First commissioned in service in 2005 with German navy, Type 212 at the time of the launch and even today fifteen years later become one of most advanced attack submarines ever. It was not built in larger number as its predcessor the 209 but still twelve of them were built by the 2021, although three submarines of the Dolphin 2 (Israel) were heavily modified on 212.

Type 214 - is believed to be the next sucess and although not build in numbers as Type 209 twenty four ships were ordered from 2002 to 2020.
Type 216 - is design created for Australian navy, however after Australia order six Soryu class submarines in 2017 and two FAS90 submarines in 2020, class was cancelled, although Vietnam and Pakistan were both insterested to buy submarine and Pakistan actually order two of them.
Type 218 - proposed submarine fo Singapore, however since Singapore ordered nine submarines from NovaTech, 218 was cancelled.

Operators in 2020:

Type 209: Total ordered: 61, total in service: 48 (plus six Israeli Dolphins)

Argentina: 4x (two Type 209/1100 to be replaced and two former Turkish 209/1400) - all four currently active
Venezuela: 2x Type 209/1300 in service
South Africa: 3x Type 209/1400 (modified as Heroine class) in service
Turkey: 14x (6x Type 209/1200 - all replaced with NovaTech FAS65 submarine, 8x Type 209/1400 - 6x of this still in service, two retired and sold to Argentina, six of the 209/1200 were in process of scrapping)
Peru: 6x (two 209/1100 - retired, awaiting dispossal and replacement), four 209/1200 in service)
Indonesia: 2x Type 209/1300 - recently replaced, one sub to be scrapped, other to remain in training service, replaced by NT FAS72 submarines
India: 4x Type 209/1500 - in service
South Korea: 9x Type 209/1200 (Chang Bogo class) - all in service, probably to be replaced soon
Greece: 8x (four Type 209/1100 all retired and probably scrapped, replaced by four new Type 214 submarines, four Type 209/1200, in active service, to be replaced by two new Type 214)
Ecuador: 2x Type 209/1300 - in service
Columbia: 2x Type 209/1200 - in service (to be replaced soon)
Chile: 2x Type 209/1400 - in service
Brazil: 5x Type 209/1400 - in service, to be replaced soon

Israel: 6x Dolphin class in service (3x Dolphin I and 3x Dolphin II), this were heavily upgraded Type 209 submarines although Dolphin II have more 212 exterior look

Type 212: Total ordered: 12, in service: 12

Germany: 6x Type 212 in service, possible two additional updated 212 to enter service soon
Italy: 6x Type 212 in service
Croatia: 2x Type 212 in service

Type 214: Total ordered: 25, in service: 21

Greece: 8x Type 214 in service, two additional to enter soon in service, and possible four additional to be ordered for total of fourteen submarines
South Korea: 9x Type 214 in serivce
Portugal: 2x (Improved) Type 214 in service, possibly two additional
Pakistan: 4x Type 214 on order
Turkey: 2x Type 214 in service

Type 216: On order: 2

Pakistan: 2x Type 216 on order

NovaTech - Naval division

NovaTech ND is relativly young in ship and submarine construction with first submarine designed in 1997-1999 which become the first of the FAS (Fast Attack Submarine) submarines the FAS50. While the initial sub saw very little interest and only four were sold it sucessor the FAS65 saw much more attention. Not only the submarine was cheaper but it was fit with advanced technologies that were better even of those HDW had. Not only that but all NT subs from FAS65 to FAS90 were heavily armed. With large number of bow torpedo tubes, VLS's and mines as well advanced countermeasures. On top of all advances NT was capable to build FAS65 and 72 series under one year retaining the quality. This was due NT policy to have all needed parts for submarine assembly near the main assembly line. Every part from largest to smallest was to be in shipyard and only then when all parts were counted construction can start. It was also the way subs were built from only three main segments. Foward part with mid section, aft section with part of mid section and con tower. NT engineers and workers were capable to outfit all technologies into all three segments and then fusing them together, sea trials also last less time. This gives NT capability to built larger number of submarines in less time (usually two to three years were needed on most shipyards), and this is the main card for good sales of both FAS65 and 72.

Technologically NT submarines were better, more resilient, twice dangerous then those of HDW and mostly they were slightly chepaer then HDW subs, although FAS75/72 and FAS90 were slightly more expensive. However even in twenty years NT ND establish itself as one of best in submarine design and construction.

Operators in 2021:

FAS50: Total ordered: 4, in service: 4

Urugvay: 2x FAS50 in service
Nigeria: 2x FAS50 in service

FAS65: Total ordered: 20, total in service: 20

Venezuela: 2x FAS65 in service
Mexico: 6x FAS65 in service
South Africa: 4x FAS65 in service
New Zeeland: 2x FAS65 in service
Turkey: 6x FAS65 in service

FAS72(72/75,75/72): Total ordered: 22, in service: 13, to be delivered: 9

Singapore: 9x FAS72 (4x FAS72 in service, two additional FAS72 on order, 1x FAS75/72 in service, two additional under construction)
Indonesia: 6xFAS72 (4x FAS72 in service, 1x FAS75/72 in service, one additional FAS75/72 under construction)
Thailand: 2x FAS72 (one FAS72 in service, one more under construction)
Portugal: 4x FAS72 (2x FAS72/75 in service, 2x FAS75/72 planned)
Nigeria: 1x FAS75/72 under construction

FAS90: 10 FAS90 on order

Turkey: 2x FAS90 on order
Vietnam: 1x FAS90 on order
Italy: 4x FAS90 on order
Australia: 2x FAS90 on order
Taiwan: 1x FAS90 on order,

all FAS90 subs were expected to be delievered between 2023 and 2026

In total: HDW has sold 100 of its modern submarines (Types 209 to 216) from 1971 to 2020, while NovaTech Naval division sold 56 submarines (FAS50 to FAS90) from 2001 to 2020.

Yes the HDW sold more submarines, however NT ND establish itself quickly on the submarine market with quality and state of art submarines. Submarines that were designed to kill the large ballistic subs and every other types of ships in the world.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: