[Locked] [*]  Page 3 of 55  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 555 »
wzw007323
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 8th, 2016, 8:51 am
[ img ]

[Profile]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 9th, 2016, 3:44 am
Good morning.
Nice truck collection, hudavendigar. Impressive missiles, wzw!
Thanks Andy, Eswube, Pegasus and Kike (I am trying to "give some artillery" to Puerto Cabello in times of Gral. C. Castro, but having as backbone the spaniard fortifications), as I say, your feedback is as important as the iron of the next batch of guns:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
The only reference of a Parrott 30 pounder in a fortification carriage is in Fort Richardson, near Washington DC, I supose that is the barrel of a rifled gun over the carriage of an older 42 pounder SB gun. In the most common siege carriage, 30 pounder rifled was pivotal in the surrendering of Fort Pulaski. Cheers.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 9th, 2016, 10:08 am
You find for yourself a niche, you became reytuerto The Gun dude. ;)

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 9th, 2016, 10:32 am
Once again, FANTASTIC drawings Reytuerto :!:

Very, VERY well done my friend :D

(... and IF you ever run out of American guns, you could always start on British ordnance of the same period. We had fortifications ALL OVER the world... the Bahamas and Caribbean, Bermuda, Malta, Cyprus, pretty much half of Africa, Singapore, India.... and the list goes on ;) )

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 9th, 2016, 10:44 am
Good work.

[Profile]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 9th, 2016, 4:15 pm
Thanks to all of you, guys!
Hi, Rhade: The most intresting period of technology, at least for me, is "from Gloire to Dreadnought". And for that period, the most important land "materiel" was artillery. I have several blueprints of the main guns (specially ML) of that era, also of WWI, and in a lesser extent, the hardware of the main south-american countries in the second half of the XX century. SB is a contiuous source of excellent drawings (in fact, much better than Jane's FS until the digitalization of that publicaton), the quality of the artists here is superb. But, yes, as you can guess, the fulcrum of all my data is artillery ;) !
Hi, Andy: Only one more yankee gun! Then, the Armstrongs! And yes! The Empire had many very intresting forts, but once again, at least for me, the Jewell of the Crown are the Palmerston Forts in the British Channel. I have a doubt: My second drawing "in the line" is 9 in RML in a disapearing (Moncrief) mount, the concrete of the pit obviusly is not part of the gun, but without it, I think that is difficoult to understand the idea. Shall I draw the fortification wall? Cheers.

[Profile]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 9th, 2016, 8:57 pm
has the M107 and M110 been drawn?

[Profile]
hudavendigar
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 9th, 2016, 9:57 pm
FNSS Pars 4x4 prototype and more: [ img ]

Last edited by hudavendigar on April 10th, 2016, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 10th, 2016, 4:40 am
reytuerto wrote:
Hi, Andy: Only one more yankee gun! Then, the Armstrongs! And yes! The Empire had many very intresting forts, but once again, at least for me, the Jewell of the Crown are the Palmerston Forts in the British Channel. I have a doubt: My second drawing "in the line" is 9 in RML in a disapearing (Moncrief) mount, the concrete of the pit obviusly is not part of the gun, but without it, I think that is difficoult to understand the idea. Shall I draw the fortification wall? Cheers.
Hi ya matey

I would suggest that maybe draw the parts of the Solent Forts that are relevent, and maybe in a lighter shade of "brick red", so as not to detract the observer from the main subject of your drawing, the gun itself.

Good Luck with your work and I very much look forward to seeing them :D

Kind regards,

Andy.

ps. Just as a point of interest, the south coast is littered with Napoleonic forts, both at sea and on land. Infact there are two such forts on small islands in the River Medway guarding the entrance to Chatham Dockyard, as well as HUGE forts to the landward side (Fort Amhurst & Fort Pitt that are built mostly underground), and a large fort in Sheerness (Garrison Point), protecting both Sheerness Royal Dockyard at the mouth of the River Medway and the Nore Anchourage. I could go on, but the Medway Towns has been a Garrison Town and a Royal Naval Dockyard since Roman Times. HM Dockyard Chatham was first built by Henry VIII :!:

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 9Posted: April 10th, 2016, 2:16 pm
reytuerto wrote:
Hi, Rhade: The most intresting period of technology, at least for me, is "from Gloire to Dreadnought". And for that period, the most important land "materiel" was artillery. I have several blueprints of the main guns (specially ML) of that era, also of WWI, and in a lesser extent, the hardware of the main south-american countries in the second half of the XX century. SB is a contiuous source of excellent drawings (in fact, much better than Jane's FS until the digitalization of that publicaton), the quality of the artists here is superb. But, yes, as you can guess, the fulcrum of all my data is artillery ;) !
And this will be your niche, I absolutely agree that those ware interesting times full of great designs. It will be great to see continuation. ;)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 3 of 55  [ 544 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 555 »

Jump to: