Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Thanks. I'll take that all into account!

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 15th, 2016, 10:16 pm
eswube wrote:
Because I'd rather try to be nice and not spoil anyone's fun, I'm not going to comment what I feel is wrong, but just would like to ask for some explanation why on 1939 map the French posessions in Africa, Middle East, Indian Ocean, Indochina and in Guyana are marked Axis (I assume that's what black color means :P ) as well as Denmark, Norway, Belgium and the Netherlands? (and why in France there's a border between occupied zone and Vichy, as well as 1940+ borders between Romania and Hungary and Soviet Union)
Oh, and if the Denmark has been already overrun, what's the status of it's posessions: Iceland and Greenland (apparently marked neutral?)
I didn't even checked any further... ;P
The original map was downloaded from wikipedia and detailed all the territory both sides had during 1939. I didn't download the rest of the maps because I would have to correct them all to suite my AU. My apologies if I had some nations mixed up in which side they would choose when joining the war.

I rushed the designs of the map because I was a bit over excited. I love to write as well as draw anything WW2 related. Naval warfare is my primary focus, but I do also want to focus on ground conflict. Once the basis of the timeline is done, I will describe every single battle and units involved. That's what I'm really looking forward to.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 16th, 2016, 10:49 am
I've taken out the rest of the maps to focus on the current one.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 17th, 2016, 8:43 am
eswube wrote:
Because I'd rather try to be nice and not spoil anyone's fun, I'm not going to comment what I feel is wrong, but just would like to ask for some explanation why on 1939 map the French posessions in Africa, Middle East, Indian Ocean, Indochina and in Guyana are marked Axis (I assume that's what black color means :P ) as well as Denmark, Norway, Belgium and the Netherlands? (and why in France there's a border between occupied zone and Vichy, as well as 1940+ borders between Romania and Hungary and Soviet Union)
Oh, and if the Denmark has been already overrun, what's the status of it's posessions: Iceland and Greenland (apparently marked neutral?)
I didn't even checked any further... ;P
Greenland is never given over to the Axis, Iceland is independent is eventually occupied by Commonwealth forces

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:43 pm
I like the idea of an AU of a extended WWII, mainly for the toys that would were planned but never built. Your ambitious, I wouldn't of tried for ten years long war but hey take a shot at it.
As has been said your going to get alot of people telling you why this or that couldn't happen but you should also remember many of the decisions made were due to the right (or wrong) person being in the right place at the right time. Too many to go into here.
I suggest you check out www.alternatehistory.com. It another place I like to waste hours of time at.
Just one word of warning mention of Operation Sealion is a verboten subject.
Just keep drawing my friends and like Star Trek we'll figure out how it works as we go along.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 17th, 2016, 3:11 pm
Why would something like that be forbidden?

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 17th, 2016, 3:27 pm
TristanAlting wrote:
Why would something like that be forbidden?
Not specifically forbidden but since the early inception of the board several new members have proposed ways Sealion could of happened that it's become a running joke and mascot of the board. For several years a stuffed sea lion travelled around the world with several members.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 17th, 2016, 4:16 pm
Because the operational plan for Operation Sealion was basically a piece of paer with the words Invade Great Britain written on.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 17th, 2016, 4:58 pm
"piece of paer"??? Explain please!?! Never heard that expression.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Extended World War TwoPosted: June 17th, 2016, 5:45 pm
Some sneak ninja steal one "p". :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: