Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 40 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4297 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: September 7th, 2016, 7:05 pm
Looks perfect now, I know some might point at the non-standard blue canopy but I like this more muted tone.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Imperialist
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: September 16th, 2016, 9:49 pm
Just reposting these since photobucket deleted the ones in the original threads:

Kliment Voroshilov KV-3 Heavy Tank - USSR
[ img ]

Type-113 Heavy Tank - China
[ img ]

Germany AU Thread
Luft '46 Thread

List of Aircraft with Acquired Data (Updated)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 80#p123956

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 12th, 2016, 3:33 pm
USA, LTV 1601

[ img ]

A late complement to Darth Panda's LTV 1600.

The 1601 was the second of three designs considered for a "navalized" F-16. It had the most commonality with the Fighting Falcon, including the original Pratt & Whitney F100 engine. The forward fuselage was lengthened by 30.5 inches, and a 16 inch fuselage plug was inserted behind the wing, making the 1601 longer than a stock F-16. The wingspan was slightly wider and the horizontal stabilizers were larger and without the anhedral droop. The canopy hinged forward, same as the 1600. It retained the same avionics and armament capability for Sidewinder and Sparrow Missiles.

The aft fuselage plug is between the dorsal access panels from a stock F-16A drawing. The ventral fins are longer but not as deep, and the forward fuselage plug is right behind where the intake is faired into the main fuselage. To me, though I'm not an engineer, it made the most sense to extend it there and push the nose gear a little farther forward. I also put in the cover panel for the retractable in-flight refueling probe on the right side of the cockpit.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 13th, 2016, 8:36 pm
Nice work.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2016, 12:47 am
Nice work Red :D

Jolly well done my friend :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 14th, 2016, 7:50 am
Nice addition.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 20th, 2016, 9:58 pm
KAI-20 "Angara" is a multi-role amphibian that was designed by Valentin Korchagin in the early 1960's specifically for cold climate of Siberia and Soviet Far East. Its key feature is the engine placement in the aft fuselage so it can be accessed and serviced from inside the aircraft without exposing people to harsh weather conditions. Unfortunately the project was overlooked due to extreme bureaucracy.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 21st, 2016, 2:23 am
EXCELLENT work WhyMe :!:

Jolly well drawn old sausage :D

Well Done :P

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 21st, 2016, 9:15 am
That's a nice looking and clever little plane, pity it wasn't built. Excellent work anyway.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Zhanrae30
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 21st, 2016, 12:56 pm
General Dynamics VFX proposal.
Along with the Vought VFX proposal, the V-507, the GD VFX is probably one of the proposal designs i liked in the competition.

[ img ]

A sample picture of it:

[ img ]

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it."
- Rocky Balboa
-------------------------------------
Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 40 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 138 39 40 41 4297 »

Jump to: