Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 19  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 19 »
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: October 31st, 2016, 9:40 pm
reytuerto wrote:
Hi Redhorse:
May I ask why your torpedo tubes are painted in green? And also one structural question: your raised forward castle in englobing the bridge (probably somewhat more dry the the wet turtle deck) leaving the pilot wheel exposed to the elements, shrapnell and small arms fire? Thanks, and cheers.

While I cannot explain the green tubes, that is something Red only knows, I do in fact know that Most destroyers of the turn of the century/WW1 era had open bridges. I don't really know why. Protection screens made of canvas where however available for most vessels but still aren't as good as armored or glassed-in bridges. Maybe it reflects the short-range, high-speed nature and doctrine of destroyer warfare.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 1st, 2016, 11:11 am
Hi all,

To jump on the bandwagon - the destroyer does look nice, but structurally I'd be concerned about the hull right around the forecastle ... that's a fairly big change in hull depth and the join is a 90 degree angle.

Is this one of those "believable flaws" things or an oversight?

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 1st, 2016, 9:20 pm
Lad's take into account that every flaws different ships made in Texas have are done for purpose. There are no perfect ships and sometimes there are just terrible ones, but still build by different nations. I like that aspect in Red' work that Texan Shipyards are realistic presented, they make mistakes don't have huge experience and try their best. There are mistakes, there are problems... and that's make whole this AU very realistic.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 1st, 2016, 9:55 pm
Hi, Rhade. I really think that the designer, in this case Redhorse, has an idea for his designs taking in consideration the particularities of his AU. That is the reason of my question: I want to know the idea/ ideas behind the raised forecastle! ;) , and also the color of the torpedo tubes. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 3rd, 2016, 12:56 am
Hey Red, I was reading the original Republic of Texas AU and saw that you were with the 10th. Mountain Division HQ (li) in Afghanistan. I was wondering, what does the (li) stand for? I assumed Louisiana, because I know that there are state-differentiated divisions ,but I am probably mistaken.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 3rd, 2016, 1:58 am
Quote:
Hey Red, I was reading the original Republic of Texas AU and saw that you were with the 10th. Mountain Division HQ (li) in Afghanistan. I was wondering, what does the (li) stand for? I assumed Louisiana, because I know that there are state-differentiated divisions ,but I am probably mistaken.
The LI stands for Light Infantry. I deployed twice with them - once in 2010 an again in 2012.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 3rd, 2016, 11:06 am
Ohhh ok. That's interesting. Thank you for your service sir, I'm sure you and your division did your job superbly.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 10th, 2016, 10:35 pm
In 1916, with the War in Europe in its third year, the Texas Navy commissioned 5 additional submarines built in the United States. The "3" Class, as they were originally known, were more capable than the first two submarines in commission:

[ img ]

Constructed to the US Navy's L Class parameters, they had 4 forward facing 18" torpedo tubes. War load was 8 torpedoes (four ready in the tubes and 4 reloads). They had an operating range of 4500 miles at 7 knots, with a maximum surface speed of 14 knots.

Five were delivered to the Texas Navy, and the preceding "1" Class were relegated to submarine crew training until Texas enters WWI a year later.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
hitpoint0213
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 11th, 2016, 12:30 am
looks good man keep up the good work 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas 2.0Posted: November 11th, 2016, 4:56 pm
Splendid work on the submarine. It is absolutely beautiful.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 19  [ 188 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 19 »

Jump to: