Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
Monstarules
Post subject: Monsta's Sprites!Posted: January 11th, 2017, 5:34 am
I didn't want to necro an old thread with no replies so I'm just posting a new one. Here are some dank sprites! If you want to see some of the latest comics, I'll post them somewhere, but be warned there is intense gore, and heavy language.

Without further ado, Task Force X sprites:
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

TFX sprites are based off of a metal slug scale, these are now just about 100% custom. The DELTA soldier, Maka, is 100% custom made by me. The vehicles are also 100% custom. These are based off of a lot of things. The tank on top is a mix between a Merkava and an Abrams. The 1st APC is based off of the Namer APC (which is based off of the Merkava chassis). The small truck is based off of the Valanx JLTV, but also is an MRAP. The amphibious vehicles are loosely based off of the Mowag Piranha/Stryker family, which includes a mortar carrier and an SPAA. The bulldozer is based off of a Caterpillar D9, and the utility vehicles are pretty much just HEMTT's. The fighters are their own design, with a bit of a Macross style. The VTOL is basically a jet powered version of a V-22 Osprey. The spaceships aren't based off of anything.

United Space Command
[ img ]

USC sprites, also from a metal slug scale. This is only a parts sheet, there still isn't a complete sheet of pre-done poses. Fool around in MSPaint and you can make some. This is based off of the Brink of Alienation game series (the Kragolyte soldiers on the TFX sheet are also based from Brink of Alienation). It was just a side project and it's going to have more showcasing in the future, but as of now it's still just a side project.

Feedback? Requests? Let me know!

Last edited by Monstarules on January 11th, 2017, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Monsta's Sprites!Posted: January 11th, 2017, 9:23 pm
That's pretty cool. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Monsta's Sprites!Posted: January 11th, 2017, 9:29 pm
Interesting.

I didn't draw the FD scale weapons you've shown (darth panda did) but I would caution you against using anything from Shipbucket in these works as all Shipbucket-derived content must be placed in the Shipbucket template and include our watermark. Simply putting "credit to Shipbucket for these!" in your image isn't enough. Our work is designed to be viewed as a technical drawing (more or less) and isn't really suitable for your sprite comic style anyway.

[Profile] [Quote]
Monstarules
Post subject: Re: Monsta's Sprites!Posted: January 11th, 2017, 11:22 pm
I'll fix that! Do you have a link for that image? I'd like to give proper credit. It's mostly just there as a template until I sprite missiles

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Monsta's Sprites!Posted: January 13th, 2017, 2:49 pm
Nice work! The fighters resemble a design I made for an AU project of mine, which is a Variable Fighter based on the F/A-18 Hornet:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Monstarules
Post subject: Re: Monsta's Sprites!Posted: January 14th, 2017, 9:55 pm
Oh cool! I just actually finished the Wild Weasel fighter I was working on. I sprited my own HARM type missile to go with it too :3

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Monstarules
Post subject: Re: Monsta's Sprites!Posted: September 15th, 2018, 2:11 am
I've not updated this topic in almost 2 years. However, seeing that it's my own topic, I believe I'm not breaking any rules by performing a necro. Anyways, I'm interested in bumping it because I've since made many more sprites, as well as updated several, and I love critique on them.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: