Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 16th, 2017, 6:56 pm
yea, it migth be time to aknowlidge a small defeat in this front and prepare for the worse.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 16th, 2017, 10:27 pm
Good point. I'd also like to mention that because the previous Upload Session was somewhat long ago, some of the Artists are become rather "rarely visible" in the meantime, which means that there is some risk of losing some works anyway, if the Upload will be done only in traditional manner (i.e. with only Artists posting only their own works).

Also, I'm continously saving the FD-scale works (real life and never-were, that is, incl. Trainbucket and Spacebucket), as well as Gunbucket, Carbucket etc. (as it was intended for the planned "revamped site" :P ), so if the sh*t actually will hit the fan, then of course I can make them available in some way for download (well, it would be good to have them posted to Archive anyway, but I hoped that I would have the Polish Wings together with related projects ready before that, as many old files would be replaced by new ones :roll: ).

But the "worst case scenario" would also mean that FD Master Lists will become almost useless (with HUGE precentage of linked content being wiped out).

EDIT: Btw. Since the "Revamped Site" isn't going to materialize (at least for a time being), then it means that once-hinted changes to the "honorary titles" (Premium/Elite Member, FD Master) also are unlikely to happen, so maybe it would be also a good idea to recognize some deserving Artists with promotions (the "old way")? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 16th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Is it worth finding out how much it would cost to get the site software commercially designed and written?

Once we have a figure it can be decided if it can be funded by the members or not. As I said in another thread, be happy to spend money on your hobby. I would be happy to put money toward this event.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 19th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Allrigth, Ill reopen the uploading thread, please fill it and pass the word around.
Also for the promotions, why not, there has been indeed some new talents risen that needs aknowlidgement.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 21st, 2017, 4:18 pm
my problem, trying to remember what I have drawn, except for the update to the OPV. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 21st, 2017, 5:51 pm
heuhen wrote:
my problem, trying to remember what I have drawn, except for the update to the OPV. :lol:
At least that's a good problem to have!

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 6:56 pm
Golly, the threads that were let go past 100 pages, are they going to be reset?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 24th, 2017, 4:18 pm
While we're at it, can we make a new group for users called "Shitposters" and start adding these random noobs to it who show up and contribute absolutely nothing to our discussion to it?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 24th, 2017, 4:42 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
Golly, the threads that were let go past 100 pages, are they going to be reset?
I've read several posts from the phpbb developers about this, and the suspected "performance hits" everyone on this forum complains about due to large threads is basically a myth; at no point will a thread here become so big that the server we're hosted on can't handle it correctly. I'd rather keep everything in one thread that's more-or-less searchable than piling up 10 threads, each with 50 pages. After about 5 pages, a thread is too long to be easily sorted through by going through each page anyway - so the difference between a 100 page thread and a 20 page thread is basically the same (at least to me). Very rarely will I actively sit and click through a thread like that.

Then again, I don't read most of the giant spam threads anyway!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Dropbox public folder disappearingPosted: January 24th, 2017, 5:33 pm
I had to lovely experience lately, that when I receive an PM, I get the e-mail notification first 48 hours later

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: