Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 14 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1656 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 18th, 2017, 10:18 am
I'm no expert on the A350 but it looks much better than the older drawing.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 18th, 2017, 11:36 am
Tail and wings do look coherent with the actual plane now. I'll wait for the tweaks you've mentioned before making eventual suggestions. If you want/need help of any sort just ask and I'll be glad to help.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 18th, 2017, 2:07 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
Tail and wings do look coherent with the actual plane now. I'll wait for the tweaks you've mentioned before making eventual suggestions. If you want/need help of any sort just ask and I'll be glad to help.
The tweaks are very small and involve fixing mistakes such as panel lines crossing over doors and changing a couple grays in small areas. If you have any more major suggestions, feel free to voice them now so I have something more to work with when I go back to the drawing later today. If you want to mess around with the drawing yourself, I have a high-contrast false color template saved which is easier to work with and I can upload later.

[Profile]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 18th, 2017, 4:47 pm
Nice additions, though I have a feeling that cockpit windows on Learjet could be made even nicer. ;)

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 18th, 2017, 8:26 pm
Wikipedia & Universe wrote: *
The tweaks are very small and involve fixing mistakes such as panel lines crossing over doors and changing a couple grays in small areas. If you have any more major suggestions, feel free to voice them now so I have something more to work with when I go back to the drawing later today. If you want to mess around with the drawing yourself, I have a high-contrast false color template saved which is easier to work with and I can upload later.
Ok, I'll shoot the most important ones now :) The vertical grey lines you have under the wing behind the landing gear doors and below the flap track fairing are an actual part of the wing that includes the inner flaps -click for img- so I'd outline them in black. the aft part of the wing root fairing you have highlighted should curve downwards as it goes forward and meet the wing where the flaps are -see also-, that particular section also shows a pretty heavy overhang with a distictive break between its upper and lower angles -another pic-, so much that I would even represent thatchange of angle with a very dark grey line, if not even black.

If you are ok with it after you've done your tweaks I might add some touches on and for smaller details, by either using the false-colour template ymentioned or the actual blank drawing you'll post.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 18th, 2017, 11:21 pm
Ok, I'll shoot the most important ones now :) The vertical grey lines you have under the wing behind the landing gear doors and below the flap track fairing are an actual part of the wing that includes the inner flaps -click for img- so I'd outline them in black.
Done.
Quote:
The aft part of the wing root fairing you have highlighted should curve downwards as it goes forward and meet the wing where the flaps are -see also-
Not sure what you mean by "should curve downwards." If you're wondering why the highlight ends at an odd place, that's because there's an actual break in the curve where the lower fairing bubble sort of envelops the trailing edge. I've decided to delete the gray line at that point, as it look like the curve where it loops up is continuous.
Quote:
That particular section also shows a pretty heavy overhang with a distictive break between its upper and lower angles -another pic-, so much that I would even represent thatchange of angle with a very dark grey line, if not even black.
I struggled to figure out how to represent that overhang, which is why you see the thick shadow there. I took each color one shade darker to emphasize this more. I used this photo as a reference for the fairing shape and overhang.
Quote:
If you are ok with it after you've done your tweaks I might add some touches on and for smaller details, by either using the false-colour template you mentioned or the actual blank drawing you'll post.
This is the updated drawing with tweaks and responses to your suggestions applied:
[depreciated]

This is the high-contrast false color template if you want to mess around with it. Color key is above the aircraft (top row produces a gray scheme, bottom row produces a white scheme):
[depreciated]

Last edited by Wikipedia & Universe on March 22nd, 2017, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 19th, 2017, 2:57 am
:o WOW :!: I say Wiki old man, your A350 XWB re-draw is FAN-BLINKY-BLIMEY-TASTIC, even if I DO say so myself :!: :!: :!:

Your rendition sir is simply Top Notch old fruit :D

Jolly Well Done I say.... Jolly Well Done indeed :!:

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 19th, 2017, 8:56 am
Not sure what you mean by "should curve downwards." If you're wondering why the highlight ends at an odd place, that's because there's an actual break in the curve where the lower fairing bubble sort of envelops the trailing edge. I've decided to delete the gray line at that point, as it look like the curve where it loops up is continuous.
That's a quite tricky part and I admit that upon closer "inspection" that break does not actually curve downwards, hovever it does end in line with the flaps trailing edge. The main problem for us is that most pictures shows airplanes with the flaps extended, thus making it a bit difficult to get the exact shape of the fairings break (not just here for the A350, but for most other jetliners as well). I did however managed to find -this pic- that shows the part we need on the upper right corner. With the flaps not extended the upwards break is right at the trailing edge and the wing lower surface and fairing almost make a continous line.

Plus, thanks for the double blanks, I'll gladly mess a bit with them.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 19th, 2017, 2:40 pm
That's a quite tricky part and I admit that upon closer "inspection" that break does not actually curve downwards, hovever it does end in line with the flaps trailing edge. The main problem for us is that most pictures shows airplanes with the flaps extended, thus making it a bit difficult to get the exact shape of the fairings break (not just here for the A350, but for most other jetliners as well). I did however managed to find -this pic- that shows the part we need on the upper right corner. With the flaps not extended the upwards break is right at the trailing edge and the wing lower surface and fairing almost make a continous line.

Plus, thanks for the double blanks, I'll gladly mess a bit with them.
I mainly based it on the original sketch, with some details added from that high-res image. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're describing about the fairing's break lining up with the flap's trailing edge, probably because you can't really see the inboard flap with the flap-track fairings and other things obscuring it. If you want to just go ahead and fix it in the false-color drawing, since you have a better idea of what it should look like, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 19th, 2017, 7:40 pm
It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're describing about the fairing's break lining up with the flap's trailing edge, probably because you can't really see the inboard flap with the flap-track fairings and other things obscuring it. If you want to just go ahead and fix it in the false-color drawing, since you have a better idea of what it should look like, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
The point where the wing joins the root fairing and the aft trailing edge is visible in the last pic I've linked. anyway, I've tried the get that part as close as possible to its appearance like you suggested.
[ img ]
The wing and fairing break should come even closer than that, but I cannot get them to that point without redrawing the portion aft of the engine, including the main landing gear door.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 14 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1656 »

Jump to: