Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 15 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1756 »
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 19th, 2017, 8:55 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
Wikipedia & Universe wrote: *
It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're describing about the fairing's break lining up with the flap's trailing edge, probably because you can't really see the inboard flap with the flap-track fairings and other things obscuring it. If you want to just go ahead and fix it in the false-color drawing, since you have a better idea of what it should look like, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
The point where the wing joins the root fairing and the aft trailing edge is visible in the last pic I've linked. anyway, I've tried the get that part as close as possible to its appearance like you suggested.
[depreciated]
The wing and fairing break should come even closer than that, but I cannot get them to that point without redrawing the portion aft of the engine, including the main landing gear door.
That gear door was a very rough guesstimate to begin with, and a bit ugly IMPO. It wasn't in the reference drawing, so I had to sort of wing it (no pun intended) based on a photo. If you want to take a crack at it to get it where it needs to be, feel free. I probably won't have an opportunity to jump on my laptop for a couple days, anyway. Thanks again, it looks really good.

Last edited by Wikipedia & Universe on March 22nd, 2017, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 19th, 2017, 9:11 pm
That gear door was a very rough guesstimate to begin with, and a bit ugly IMPO. It wasn't in the reference drawing, so I had to sort of wing it (no pun intended) based on a photo. If you want to take a crack at it to get it where it needs to be, feel free. I probably won't have an opportunity to jump on my laptop for a couple days, anyway. Thanks again, it looks really good.
Yes, the missing landing gear door from Norebbo's schematics was one of the reasons I kept refraining from attempting to fix the A350. Thanks for your kindness in any case, I'll attempt to rearrange the landing gear area in the next few days.

Edit: ok, forget the "next few days" I just couldn't resist:
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 21st, 2017, 3:57 am
Grazie! Looks much better! Does everything else look good from the standpoint of me going ahead with the -1000 stretch and getting it upload-ready for the next session? Also, would you like me to credit you for your edits under the nameplate?

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 21st, 2017, 10:47 am
Grazie! Looks much better! Does everything else look good from the standpoint of me going ahead with the -1000 stretch and getting it upload-ready for the next session? Also, would you like me to credit you for your edits under the nameplate?
I'd personally do some minor modifications on the engine nacelles and pylon, everything else looks pretty much good for me. If you want me to do those tweaks then maybe we can discuss about getting an extended credit line (right now I do not think I've done enough). :)
Don't know when I'l get the time to do them tough. my pc has started to give me some troubles yesterday (random bsod with no explanation).

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 21st, 2017, 10:50 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
I'd personally do some minor modifications on the engine nacelles and pylon, everything else looks pretty much good for me. If you want me to do those tweaks then maybe we can discuss about getting an extended credit line (right now I do not think I've done enough). :)
Don't know when I'l get the time to do them tough. my pc has started to give me some troubles yesterday (random bsod with no explanation).
It sounds like these modifications are something you'd do a better job of yourself as opposed to describing them, so you can do those tweaks whenever you have a moment and aren't dealing with computer troubles. The nacelle and pylons, like the gear and underwing parts, were very rough in the original schematic, so I filled in by eyeballing some high-res photos. Overall, though, the scale checks out based on the dimensions found on both Wikipedia and on the Airport Planner's Guide. The size of the engines was the first thing that tipped me off to the original drawing being not quite right, so I made sure that was good.

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 22nd, 2017, 11:28 am
It sounds like these modifications are something you'd do a better job of yourself as opposed to describing them, so you can do those tweaks whenever you have a moment and aren't dealing with computer troubles. The nacelle and pylons, like the gear and underwing parts, were very rough in the original schematic, so I filled in by eyeballing some high-res photos. Overall, though, the scale checks out based on the dimensions found on both Wikipedia and on the Airport Planner's Guide. The size of the engines was the first thing that tipped me off to the original drawing being not quite right, so I made sure that was good.
Never doubted that, the drawing looks like the real thing and proportions does seem ok as well. I'm all for minor tweaks and detailing.
In any case, today it appears that my PC has been kind with me, so I was able to work on the false-colour.

Overall, I've added the static dischargers on the tailfin, the smal bulb on the APU housing the aft navigation light, made some small touch-ups to the horisontal stabilizier and tweaked the tailfin. The curve at the joint with the fuselage looks a tad smaller in pictures than the schematics did show so I've adressed that, which also allowed to streamline the slope of the upper fuselage.
I've also added the navigation light on the underbelly, modified the shape of the flap track fairing mechanism, and did some more small touches to the wing root fairings. Details have been added to the cabin and cargo doors latching mechanisms and some more details on the fuselage have been added as well. I've streamlined the leading edge shading on the wings too and added the green navigation light near the winglets.
The engines were tweaked a bit more, mainly by adding details after looking to high-res pictures, this included moving the panel lines of the nacelle slightly forward, proportioning the thrust reversers with the lenght of the nacelle (something I lliteraly did by finding a side pic of the engine and measuring with a ruler on the screen :lol: ). The angle of the inlet has been increased by two pixels and imho now looks perfectly in line with what shown in pictures of the plane. The engine pylon has been slightly shortened above the engine to match with pictures, the part aft of the engine exhausts have been modified as well for the same reasons. Paneling has been revised as well.
A few more tweaks have been done here and there to smooth curves around the fuselage, mostly single-pixel touch-ups. I also adjusted the template slightly.
[ img ]
I've added two more things on the drawing: one are those small "windows" with the APU, engine inlet end exhaust showing the color palette I typically use in my FD planes. The other is the addition of my name on the credit line. You did a great job by drawing the plane and I humbly believe that with those tweaks the drawing now nears perfection. You are free to use them or not, and I'm open for discussion about crediting, after all you did the big work. :)

As an extra, I also did a second false-colour blank with a more aggressive shading, akin to that used on other airliners on which I've worked on. Again, your choiche to use this or not!
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 22nd, 2017, 6:28 pm
Wow. :shock: Grazie mille!

I was initially skeptical of the more aggressive shading (my original drawing being heavily based on Eswube's style), but after Google Image-searching your work and seeing the same scheme on your beautiful Boeing 777s, I fell in love. Also was hesitant about the pylon scheme, which deliberately made off-scheme to preserve it when applying liveries, but I suppose I can just color those in the white or gray scheme first before doing a livery to avoid that problem.

Having been won over on those two tweaks and amazed at all the others, I think I'm going to use your second version for the final product for doing the base scheme and the -1000 stretch. I sense you were really wanting to do this refresh but balked at the hurdle of finding good sources, so after I got the hard part out of the way, you went to town. :P

Again, I appreciate the help. Perhaps you could integrate the A350 update into your Koko AU somehow, now that it exists. ;)

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 22nd, 2017, 8:31 pm
I went ahead and did both the base scheme and -1000 stretch, then put the two together in one big image. What do you think?

[ img ]

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 22nd, 2017, 10:24 pm
Having been won over on those two tweaks and amazed at all the others, I think I'm going to use your second version for the final product for doing the base scheme and the -1000 stretch. I sense you were really wanting to do this refresh but balked at the hurdle of finding good sources, so after I got the hard part out of the way, you went to town. :P
Mybe not that much but you are on spot. I got a bit frustrated by the lack of decent sources and ultimately focused on other planes (I'm going to crank the A320 with IAE engines and the 330neos, since the 330 has always been my favourite Airbus plane). The 350 is one great looking bird, the only thing that throws me off is the nose, which is a bit of a mixed bag for my tastes regarding its shape, if it had something different it would have easily dethroned the 330 on my list.
Again, I appreciate the help. Perhaps you could integrate the A350 update into your Koko AU somehow, now that it exists. ;)
I'm thinkering about it, there is an airline that might fit well with them... who knows :mrgreen:
I went ahead and did both the base scheme and -1000 stretch, then put the two together in one big image. What do you think?
They look great! Just one detail, the -1000 landing gear doors are more squared because of the six-wheel boogey. Like this (click for image).

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: March 23rd, 2017, 5:46 pm
Thanks, I'll update the -1000 template.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 15 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 113 14 15 16 1756 »

Jump to: