Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 187 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Go to page « 1185 186 187 188 189241 »
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 24th, 2017, 7:47 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
2 minor things:
- you said on the discord you hull shaded the overhangs, but it does not look to me like an overhanging bow?
- the shading on the bow does not continue above the waterline. you cannot shade the underwater and above the water hull seperately (you have done it correctly on the stern)
Yes, I did say I was going to shade the bow but there are no overhangs so I didn't do that. The shading issues you refer to will be corrected shortly.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 24th, 2017, 9:25 pm
A very nice effort, but it lacks in some ways.
First your reference is for the ships you posted the funnel has a $ sign, a thing which also is supported by the following picture
[ img ], although the ship itself looks to have more derricks. Some more details will help your drawing.
One important aspect is the credits, which you need to correct, using the well established Arial font size 10 for the country and ship's name and size 8 for your name and any other remarks below the first line.
I would also try to use a slightly darker shade to represent the black hull color and funnel.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 24th, 2017, 10:50 pm
Ok, ok... I don't know how you found this image :shock: . Myself and several other discord members did an extensive search on images of this ship and found NOTHING. I would really like to know where you got this picture! Also, I drew the ship from plans and they didn't have the "money sign" on the funnel, so you will have to forgive me. Otherwise I copied the plans completely 100%.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 25th, 2017, 9:34 pm
RegiaMarina1939 wrote: *
Ok, ok... I don't know how you found this image :shock: . Myself and several other discord members did an extensive search on images of this ship and found NOTHING. I would really like to know where you got this picture! Also, I drew the ship from plans and they didn't have the "money sign" on the funnel, so you will have to forgive me. Otherwise I copied the plans completely 100%.
The link you provided for the plans
http://www.anb-online.it/navi-mercantil ... -59-m-150/ clearly shows the $ sign as seen [ img ].
The image I had posted is from Italian forum of ships Navie Armatori, which has lots of Italian ships photographs as well as many others.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: June 15th, 2017, 8:08 pm
All cargo ships drawn by me are in here http://test.shipbucket.com/drawings/sea ... ate=&view=
All passengers ships http://test.shipbucket.com/drawings/sea ... ate=&view=
And all tankers are here http://test.shipbucket.com/drawings/sea ... ate=&view=

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: June 21st, 2017, 3:33 pm
Here is the Motor Tanker Fina Scandinavie, built in 1964 at the B&W SKIBSVAERFT Copenhagen for Belgian Petrofina, but was transferred to the French subsidiary Compagnie Purfina Transportes S.A the same year. The Fina Scandinavie served in the Petrofina fleet, without any name change til scrapped at Kaohsiung in 1978.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: June 21st, 2017, 3:38 pm
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Chocolate Bunny
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: June 21st, 2017, 5:30 pm
Outstanding

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 1:39 am
Very well done! Nice drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Calis
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: June 24th, 2017, 2:10 am
Great Drawing

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 187 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1185 186 187 188 189241 »

Jump to: