Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Colosseum
Post subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 19th, 2017, 5:40 pm
Hi all -

It's with great pleasure that I can announce the new Shipbucket site will be going live this weekend. During the actual go-live, the forum will be taken down momentarily and then restored once the new site's code is deployed. The forum will be unavailable during this time.

If you have questions while the forum is unavailable, please reach out to us via Discord or email (admin@shipbucket.com).

Our thanks go out especially to our superb group of uploaders, who have worked tirelessly to load every drawing onto the new site (in alphabetical order: acelanceloet, BB1987, Charguizard, CraigH, denodon, eswube, Garlicdesign, Gollevainen, heuhen, Hood, KimWerner, Lazer_one, Novice, Rodondo, sebu, Tempest, Thiel, and WhyMe).

Our thanks also go out to John Wood (watchwood), who created the site.

I will post a response to this thread once the new site is live and ready to go.

Cheers
Ian

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 19th, 2017, 10:23 pm
WHEN will we start to upload FD works and Badges please Colo:?:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 19th, 2017, 10:57 pm
FD Scale support (via the same categorized system we have for ships) will come after Shipbucket scale systems and badges are accommodated. Currently I do not have an estimate on when that will occur.

The overall project roadmap as it currently exists looks like this:

1. Personal uploading space and management dashboard for approved registered users.
2. Systems categorization "Parts Control" functionality (Badges and Coats of Arms are supporting material for ship drawings and as such will be given their own category in this module).
3. FD Scale support.

The best way to make these things happen is to help us out by donating, or pledging support on Patreon. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 19th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Nice news. :)
(even though there's still a lot of real-life drawings to be uploaded - roughly 2000 in French, German, British, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, USA and CSA folders).
Btw. I uploaded Finland and have roughly 1/3 of Denmark done but in this situation I will wait with continuing it until after the launch.

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 19th, 2017, 11:53 pm
"The best way to make these things happen is to help us out by donating, https://www.patreon.com/shipbucket. ;)"

Contribute away fair people! A buck or two per month is nothing compaired to what we spend on coffee (or some other frequent treat).

Let's make this work and take some of the financial load off of Colo and a few others. Let's turn this into a community effort.

CraigH
I just gave.

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 20th, 2017, 4:05 am
Congrats!

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 20th, 2017, 10:20 am
Great!

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 20th, 2017, 12:45 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Our thanks go out especially to our superb group of uploaders, who have worked tirelessly to load every drawing onto the new site (in alphabetical order: acelanceloet, BB1987, Charguizard, CraigH, denodon, eswube, Garlicdesign, Gollevainen, heuhen, Hood, KimWerner, Lazer_one, Novice, Rodondo, sebu, Tempest, Thiel, and WhyMe). Our thanks also go out to John Wood (watchwood), who created the site.
Well done guys ! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 21st, 2017, 1:53 pm
Just to keep everyone updated, the file copy (of all the uploaded drawings) onto the live site is taking a bit longer than expected. Our dev is working with the host to understand how much longer it will take. With over 5000 drawings currently uploaded, the file copy is very large and moving it around is difficult.

I will keep you all updated through this thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket website to launch this weekend!Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 1:29 am
The new site is live - thanks to all who made it possible!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: