Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 4th, 2017, 2:20 pm
Some shading in skirt :

[ img ]

i have several photos of Iranian BH.7 Mk 5, but none of good resolution. Does anyone can provide good photos of these hovercrafts? If yes, please post them in my thread for sources about British hovercrafts.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 4th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Is there a reason to think the parts-sheet parts would not be the same gray as the hull?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 4th, 2017, 10:26 pm
I am not sure how to shade the skirt and also sources do not help to find out about correcr shape of that think.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 4th, 2017, 10:28 pm
he is talking about the launchers, gun and WM egg being a lot lighter grey then the rest of the drawing for some reason (and you could possibly include the radar and liferaft as well)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 4th, 2017, 10:54 pm
I took the WM egg from a Dutch parts sheet I have in my computer (obviously not latest version), radar is from SR.N4 drawing and liferaft from Blackbuck ships, I think is better from part sheets (these are very old). The launchers are dummy, I am saying it, as appear in illustation.

I will try to draw the curious OTO Melara from the illustatoon and then one more with correct Sea Skua missiles and Sea Cat.

We do not have in parts sheet Exocet MM40 lauchers in profile. Only MM38.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 4th, 2017, 11:11 pm
the colour. just. the. colour.
the parts themselves are fine, but why are they light grey while the hovercraft is dark grey?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 4th, 2017, 11:43 pm
Got it.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 6th, 2017, 5:02 pm
With re-painted WM egg (assume that it would be WM-25 because of Sea Skua/Sea Cat missiles in one variant). The GWS-24 Sea Cat used the Italian Alenia Orion RTN-10X fire control system (Type 912 for Type 21 frigates, the Signaal WM-25 also has SARH guidance. Another option could be WM-28.

For re-painting the Signaal "egg" I followed the original, but with variations of grey.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 20th, 2017, 4:44 pm
Possible BH.7 Mk6 Fast Attack with Sea Skua missiles (export version)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
madmike
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 7:22 am
good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: